SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for High compression pistons between 10.5:1 to 11:1. Anyone know where i can get them. I need them soon I do not want to wait for custom ones right now. Also do the 300xz NA pistons work well? and can they use the stock rods? for sr20de

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
90 up 300Z NA pistons are your best bet , some rod work will be needed , but a good machine shop can do that , very easy ... gives 11:1 comp and is very streetable , good for up to 250 HP or so, probably wouldnt be your best choice if you go NOS or Boost , but if you plan on staying NA , it will work great !!

·
Registered
370 Posts
SHAWNATGERBROCK said:
90 up 300Z NA pistons are your best bet , some rod work will be needed , but a good machine shop can do that , very easy ... gives 11:1 comp and is very streetable , good for up to 250 HP or so, probably wouldnt be your best choice if you go NOS or Boost , but if you plan on staying NA , it will work great !!
250 HP (even to the crank) is not accurate unless you threw on a 75 shot as well. you'd most likely be looking at approx 180whp (more or less depending on your cams)

do a search on high compression ratio/pistons and you will find all the info you need. but IMHO i would say just buy a VE (which would be cheaper than trying to build an all motor DE) and go from there.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
2001SEdemBoobs said:
250 HP (even to the crank) is not accurate unless you threw on a 75 shot as well. you'd most likely be looking at approx 180whp (more or less depending on your cams)

do a search on high compression ratio/pistons and you will find all the info you need. but IMHO i would say just buy a VE (which would be cheaper than trying to build an all motor DE) and go from there.

" Up to 250 HP " , meaning the 300Z pistons can handle up to 250 HP ..... Also just to argue , 250 HP wouldnt be to hard to make NA , just takes Money .....and it probably wouldnt be very streetable ... My old 93 Altima KA made 220 to the crank , and that was with some very mild cams , dont see why an 11:1 SR with crazy cams, lightened botom end , head work, custom intake man, and HS Gen 6 header with 3" exhaust wouldnt make close to 250 ...

·
Registered
370 Posts
SHAWNATGERBROCK said:
" Up to 250 HP " , meaning the 300Z pistons can handle up to 250 HP ..... Also just to argue , 250 HP wouldnt be to hard to make NA , just takes Money .....and it probably wouldnt be very streetable ... My old 93 Altima KA made 220 to the crank , and that was with some very mild cams , dont see why an 11:1 SR with crazy cams, lightened botom end , head work, custom intake man, and HS Gen 6 header with 3" exhaust wouldnt make close to 250 ...
yeah but for all that money you could have a det :)

i understand what you're saying, but if you want all motor number you could get a VE and still be ahead of the game

1 - 7 of 7 Posts