SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody else had trouble with place racing? I know alot of people have said they have on the mailing list, but have any of you had trouble. here is the story. last thursday (8 days ago) we ordered (a few friends from work) 3 place intakes one for a j30 max, one for a a32 max, and my car. anyways, we call them 5 days later (tuesday) and tried to get a tracking #, they kind of gave us the runaround, but said we should get it on wed, like they initially said. anyways, we give them a call on wed afternoon and were like wtf? they said that they went out monday, even though they said that they went out friday, like they told us on tuesday. anyways, just to save their a$$, they told us "just incase we did not get those out to you on monday, we will give you 2 day service" anyways, we get the intakes today, look good, real nice, everything is in the kits, but 2 out of 3 were wrong. mine was for a 95-97 model and the other guy needed one for a 97+ and they sent it out for a 95-96 model. anyways, we called them, let them know about it (nicely) and told them we would send back the two wrong ones w/ notes to correct the problems. we will see how they can save their reputation (for me personally, and a few other co workers) and see when we get those intakes in. kinda disapointing b/c we were wanting those in aaaaaaaa let me see, Wed night?

G

·
I love my hotshot to bad I havent gotten to try it since I blew the tranny. Hey Jacen whats up? Nick McCollom 93nx2000 with broken tranny

G

·
I will have to second that! This is realy a nice piece IMO. Looks are great, fit is great,(PR has been known for poor fit). The only problem I had was the delivery time, but it was a group deal.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Guess I'll have to part company with you guys. I have had no problems with PR,or the PR CAI. But then again,when I bought my CAI,I just drove down there and picked it up.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it must be nice to be able to just drive down there to pick it up. that way there is almost no way for them to screw it up. I'll just wait and see what they will do for me. If they decide to dick around somemore, I will never do bus. with them, nor will I refer them to anybody. I would have got the hotshot, but I do not get $ off, and I ordered it with some maxima guys and hotshot does not make an intake for their cars.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya, I had trouble with act too, but at least they told me that the clutch was being built and it would take a while, and when I got it, I got the right one. how hard can it be? I dunno?

G

·
PR...ohh the memories. not only did they send me the wrong one and lied about the shipping date, but they billed me twice! i called and told them the fitment wasn't even clos and for them to send ups to pick it up and credit my card back. i call my bank to verify and they said they had billed it. it then turned into a huge he said, she said and 2 weeks later i finally get my $220 back. mrs 2000SE was not happy fir it skrewed up the bills.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just waited three weeks for them PR to make my motor mounts. AFter talking to my tuner who ordered them, he said that if they didn't do such great work, he'd stop doing business with them. I'm really happy with the product, I'm just glad I didn't have a pressing need for the mounts. I also had the same problem with Hotshot when I tried to order headers. I had a deposit down for three months and they still didn't feel it necessary to make them yet. I figured by the time I got the damn things, I'd have the car turboed or have a SR20VE swap by then. Geez.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, heres the deal. called them on friday, after talking to them on wed, they told us that they would go out asap. anyways, talked to some receptionist chick and she said that the girl we were dealing with was with another customer, and call back in ten to fifteen miniutes. heres the kicker, I call back, and call again, and again, and again. no answer. I am so pissed at them. I'm gonna give em a call on Monday, if they do not give me a straight answer then, I will tell them to cancel my order if not out by Wed. I am sick of messing with these guys and do not see how they actually stay in buisness. :-( pissed. thats all there is to it

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally got it on monday, got it in a few hours later (after finding the hole :( ) kinda overrated. sounds good, looks real good, but not a whole lot of power, I expected more out of it. throttle response is alot better, and it is a little faster. oh, and cutting the hole was a total b1tch :) I had to cut two holes side by side, so I have a nice little one inch gap between the actual tube and fender. I am trying to get a hold of some raw carbon fiber, so that will all be fabbed in soon :) (I am going to try to do some custom fab on my car, gauge mounts, ect.) :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
brian, did you already have an air intake before the pr intake? I assume you do, because of your other mods. I bet someone like me with a completely stock motor and airbox would probably go, "wow, this thing rocks!". But don't know for sure because I haven't tried it yet. Of course any horsepower gain for you probably feels minimal considering you're used to the instant power of nitrous :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, I am into the "wow, 50 extra hp at the wheels" kinda mod. I had the jwt pop charger on there, but got replaced. it does run better, throttle response is alot better, and going from a stock airbox to a pr cai would make a big diffrence. go for it, worth the price just for the sound I get from it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Of course brian, you can still buy the "tornado" as seen in scc magazine! Isn't it suppossed to give like 30 hp? :)

But you're right, I better just get the pr intake!

G

·
Ok, So I just got my 97 200sx se-r, and it is just to quiet. Everyone talks about the pr cai, but yet have I seen prices? How much should I pay for this? And do I need to call them to make the order or is there someway to do it online? Thanks in advance

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The PR and HS CAI's are priced right at $200.

If you want intake noise NOW and basically for free, do what I have done. Remove the bottom half of the airbox and the little intake tube next to the battery, turn the airbox lid around so that the air filter will point upwards, and wire the filter to the airbox lid. Whalla. Noisy and good-sounding intake. My mom even thinks it sounds sweet :)

G

·
ahhh.... that should work for awhile. Pretty good sound, and I'm sure my engine loves the nice hot air. Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts