SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2.0T
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to arrange for an Avenir W11 engine. After a lot of waiting, here’s what’s being presented to me.

SR20DE-Turbo FWD
Block 78E
Cylinder Head 53J
Turbo Garrett M24

From what I’ve read, the silver valve cover and the 53J head are positives. I didn’t know that the block was a 78E – same as a BlueBird? I suppose that makes sense. I was looking for the turbo number 14411-1E001, but they gave me the description above (Garrett M24) and you can see it in the picture.

Is this engine an Avenir W11 with the stock ball bearing t25? Or is this a different engine or a different turbo or both? Either way, she cleans up nicely!

Thanks!

·
2.0T
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GHSER7 said:
looks exactly like the W11 I got with the execption of the red wires.

BTW what did you use to clean the motor with? looks very good!
Even the turbo looked the same? Do you have 14411-1E001 stamped on yours?

I don't have the engine yet, the company selling it showed me the dirty pics, then they cleaned it up.

Thanks for the input.

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
Valve cover is held down by bolts and not acorn nuts on a W11. I just got a W11 a week ago. A little dirtier but a little more complete than the W11 in the pic.

·
Big Daddy $
1,240 Posts
se-riusb14 said:
Valve cover is held down by bolts and not acorn nuts on a W11. I just got a W11 a week ago. A little dirtier but a little more complete than the W11 in the pic.
Yes that too!

My Avenir came with everything, including intake pipe from turbo and all the stock IC pipes just about too with the stock BO valve.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Looks like a W11 to me. My Avenir came with the intake, MAF, Recirc valve (and the pipes that connect to the TB), dirty intercooler, and ECU. The only thing was that it was dirty as hell on the outside.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
i had scary doubts when i got mine too lol...as a good man told me (charlie) its an avenir stop trippin! lol yes that is the ballbearing t25, and is exactally what mine looks like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.