SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some background info. A couple of weeks ago I had an ACT clutch installed and my mechanic pointed out he needed to place a couple of metal washers on the clutch cable in order for it to be tight enough to engage. Works fine until last night, pulling into my driveway and the clutch sticks to the floor and won't pop up. Did some research on the forums and a bunch of people say that they often have this problem w/ a worn out cable and a new clutch. Today I buy a new cable hoping to fix the problem. The cable is installed and the damn thing still sticks to the ground even if it is at the tighest possible. What gives! Please help.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Yup. I've seen that happen before. Time to drop the tranny again.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Ouch! That hurts...

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
if you need some duct tape let me know... that really sucks, was the pedal pressure much greater with the ACT setup or was the arm just old?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
^^ BS!! You don't have to drop the tranny!

Get a qualified welder to move all that crap out of the way, and lay a bead of weld down on that son of a bitch. It will hold just fine, sak Shaggy and his almost 500whp B14!

BTW, that happened to my clutch arm also, because my old clutch cable was almost seized (could not move in and out of the sheath easily), and I had it overtightened!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
1st of all daym that sucks! 2nd like the mann sayd get a welder to lay a arch on that badboy and itll hold depends on what kinda weld they do just tel him you need a hard metal..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
goneturbo said:
if you need some duct tape let me know... that really sucks, was the pedal pressure much greater with the ACT setup or was the arm just old?
I'm guessing the arm was already worn out because my cable was tight ass hell even before the new clutch.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
pedal pressure is the key to the problem. you may have a seized/old cable. or/and no grease on the throwout bearing. like the others said, get it welded and throw a new clutch cable on. if the pedal pressure is still hard my suggestion would be to pull the tranny and lube up the throw out bearing. NOTE: There is a good chance that since a "qualified" mechanic changed you clutch that he already lubed the bearing and it is the cable that is causeing your problem.......

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up a new cable and sent the car to the shop. We'll see what happens tomorrow...there goes my UR pulley money :(

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
??? you were just suppose to get it welded. $30 tops. the cable is a no brainer job. why'd the car go to the shop???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts