SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many people who have ordered head gaskets from Cometic and have gotten the wrong Part. This has happened to Manny SE-Rawkus.

There are 4 basic headgaskets that can be had at Cometic.

If you call them and ask them for the headgasket with the xtra hole in the back you will get the wrong gasket as there is another gasket from the SR20 family that runs an xtra hole, which is the S14 head gasket. Alot of guys are calling their S14 and S15 motors VE or say it has VTEC so they get the wrong gasket.

Anyway.

All SR20VE motors SR16VE, SR16VE N1, SR20VE, SR20VE 20V and SR20VET.

Part number starts H1794

All SR20DE motors FWD SR18DE, SR20DE, and SR20DE RR

Part number starts CM-C41

All S13 SR20DE and SR20DET

Part number starts C4324

All S14 and S15 SR20DE and SR20DET

Part number starts C4285

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please make this a sticky. I have worked with Cometic on this and I am trying to get these gaskets down to 3 parts.

I have to send out a few gaskets to them to finish up these problems. They still dont get that the DE and VE FWD gaskets can be interchangable.

I told them if they just make the VE headgasket design it would work with the DE no problem.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
After further research, I had the gasket with the extra hole in the back. I changed it after I found out what I had, along with another problem. Ordered VE headgasket from GregV, and no problems now. Good heads up Dre.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
nice info, thanks dre

·
since 2001
525 Posts
I can confirm the cometic part numbers for the VVL that Andreas listed. I have two gaskets here which I know fit. I sent Jason at cometic an OEM VVL gasket for comparison before he shipped them out.

The first is 87mm bore, .030" and MLS. The part number is H1794030S.

The second is 87MM bore, .036" and MLS. The part number is H1794036S.

Maybe it'll help someone out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can I use a thiker head gasket for a DEt a drill in it the hole for the oil passage ? (If I plan to use sr16ve pistons to lower the compression a little bit)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Ok so I can't use a VE gasket on my de motor because it has an extra hole?

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,159 Posts
Ok so I can't use a VE gasket on my de motor because it has an extra hole?
I'm pretty sure you can, cause the extra hole is between cylinders 3&4 sticking out (in the VE). Where, this isn't even on a DE...

I ordered a Cometic VE and got that damn S14 HG as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was about 8 months ago.

·
2.SL0
80 Posts
Is there a cometic head gasket compatable with the Bluebird SR20DET or do I need a stock ve gasket from gregv? This info is much needed, +1 for sticky. My brothe is also having trouble getting the correct gasket for his gtir through cometic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts