SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do you get with the pop charger? I am curious because I have heard of people just sticking K&N cones on right after the MAF. If you remove your airbox you notice the MAF has a trumpet horn-like opening on the airbox side. Does the pop charger have a flange?

I have a big K&N cone from my old car that would fit right on the MAF "bell", but it doesn't seem like it would stay well since it just has that edge that would only give 1-3mm of surface to clamp to. So

1) what do folks do that just stick a cone filter to their MAF and get it to seal and stay well? and
2) for people with pop charger and similar intakes, where do you plug the IAT(?) sensor that connects to the intake piping before the airbox?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the pop charger is connected to a metal adapter plate that connects right onto the maf. go to the jwt homepage and you will see what I am talking about. their design is superior b/c it will maximise the airflow into the maf and beyond. the other one is just a plain adapter you can pick up at most speed shops for $25 or so, but you will get less flow and voltage out of your maf :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts