SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been discussed before in recent threads, but, What are the differences in hp gains between the two,
and what are the differences in sound?

·
Registered
17 Posts
um...i'm no expert, but i have a pop charger, and it doesn't sound quite as mean as a cai, but silversx hooked me up with a hell of a deal, it's his old one, and i saved about 150 dollars or more from getting a new cai. he said i'd get 6-8 more hp than before and i have noticed the difference. it sounds a little meaner, runs a little meaner, but cai's give you at least twice the hp if not three times.
and do you have a picture of your maxima?

·
Don't call it a comeback
1,146 Posts
i have the pr cai and i noticed IMMEDIATE gains in torque from low to higher mid-range. The sound is real deep and the thing starts making this sucking noise at 5500 rpms. It is unbelievable!!!!!

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Pop charger is a nice filter element, with a velocity stack, that is much more elegant than the filter on my hs intake. My pop is sitting in my basement. I should probably sell it, but I might switch intakes down the road you never know.
I wish I could have it on there with the stack and all. I heard the prcai can be set up with one. I would bet it would be good for a 1-2 hp esp up top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts