SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so my pop charger came in the mail yesterday. I'm way excited about installing it, but there is an extra hose coming out of the original filter box, can I buy any sort of filter/breather that will fit the hose? what-the-hell is it for anyhoo? also, what kind of hp/torque are we looking at adding with just the filter change?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Thats the AIV hose. Its there to inject air into the catalytic converter to keep it in good emmisons. Go get 62-1360 K&N filter at like pep boys or such. I had the same problem when i got my POP at the convention. horsepower, well not much maybe one or 2 but you get one hell of a sound from it. and you never have to change it and you are on your way to more mods. you will feel the difference after like a couple weeks. espicaly when you turn on the a/c and the car is sooooo much slower

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I put it on last night, (I used a crankcase ventaltion filter on the AIV hose for now 1.94)I really could'nt tell if the car pulled harder, but it sure as hellfire pulls longer. oh, and the rally car sound when I have the tops off and windows down does not hurt. I had a radio installed yesterday also, bad idea, don't know if I want to listen to a cd or the engine. My next mod will be the underdrive pulleys, 2 wheel set. just looking for bolt on stuff. I think the pulleys will help across the band.

Thanks for the part number, I'll get it today.

Mciin1

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the only bad thing is I thought the pop sounded good until I heard my place :) oh, and pullies are probably next on my list, that of course, after getting my car dynoed in a few weeks (again, after the pop and good tuning with the NOS)

G

·
The K+N filter is the way to go, it's easy, and sounds sweet. I've only noticed a slight improvement in performance, but I've seen some dyno figures as high as 5 hp. I guess it all depends on your mods.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That is the EGR TUBE. It takes exhaust gas and blows it back in with the fresh air, which helps with emmission purposes. I simply detached mine, and stuck the tube down below the air filter, out of the way. It just blows freely now, and doesn't go into the filter at all. I've had it like this for a long time now..and have no problems. When emmissions time comes around though, it'll be reconnected!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts