SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It's a K&N Filtercharger with a "doughnut" that attaches to your MAF,for better airflow.But instead of buying the pop charger,buy a CAI and make more HP.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
True,hydrolock is a possibility. Just stay out of deep puddles. But other than that the CAI WILL make MORE HP than a Pop Filter.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think an important point to bring up when warning people about hydrolock is that the water needs to be *sucked* into the engine. There is an insane amount of suction at WOT (150-400hp worth depending on who you are =), but there isn't that much suction at all if you're not on the throttle. SO use some common sense, drive through puddles slowly and you will be fine. I think people generally overreact to the possiblity of hydrolock with a CAI. Use your head, not your right foot.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
why? you wanna buy a pop? I got one for sale because I bought a cai.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well the CAI with the POP is much better :) but remember you run a higher risk to hydro locking your engine with the CAI. it can happen anytime but putting that inlet down on the ground does increase the chance. But the CAI is like 250+ and the POP is like around 100 so the choice is yours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Where can you order those, and are they easy to install?? BTW where is the maf at?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well why hydrolock is a rare occurance you must consider it and also remember it each time it rains just stuff you gota consider

Yes you can order them from Jim Wolf Tech, goto se-r.net for their addy. Or from courtsey i think not sure, stillen has one but a little more expensive I think but they copied the JWT design. The MAF is the silver thing connected to the air box toward the inside of the engine. it has a square plate that the air box bolts to then its round and has a plug on the back side, toward cabin, of it for the wireing. then a hose connects to the TB from it

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, courtesy has em' sell em for 99 bux (I think) stillen is the same design as the jwt, but has a little stillen engraved on the back of the adapter and they charge 100% more than jwt. 200 bux. rip off. easy to find, easy to install. take you about 20 min to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.