SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of doing my own CAI and im trying to gather some ideas. I did a search but most of the pics shown are the infamous red X. im also debating whether to go PVC pipping or go with aluminum piping. Is there any gains one over the other? TIA

·
Registered
647 Posts
i think i may have heard somewhere that pvc is bad because when it gets heated it realeases some sort of vapor or gas or something.

maybe that was why you're not supposed to make bongs out of it? i dunno

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
You can always do Mild Steel, $15-$19 a U-Bend and some Straight Pipe. Just get it Jet Coated afterwards, will look just like a Hotshot CAI.

Check out Serban's Homemade Intake!

Allan

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to HomeDepot and couldnt find any bent aluminum piping. There was a write up on SE-R.net on a home-made intake using ABS piping. Im looking to do it this weekend so if i can find the parts at a local store and not order them then thats GREAT!!! All i found was galvanized steel piping.

Does adding the POP charger w/ velocity stack and filter give it a little more juice over just using a filter at the end?

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey fella's,
how about just cutting out the bottom of the air intake box! just leave the part where the filter sits and leave it at that. Then get a k&n filter. I heard this is just as effective as a CAI and I'll try it soon!
Any thoughts on why this wouldn't be a good idea?????

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
lietuvis91 said:
hey fella's,
how about just cutting out the bottom of the air intake box! just leave the part where the filter sits and leave it at that. Then get a k&n filter. I heard this is just as effective as a CAI and I'll try it soon!
Any thoughts on why this wouldn't be a good idea?????
No where near effective, but there still is something to gain. Havent seen anyone do that lately.

·
chi-town ser
658 Posts
i posted mine--i know there are others out there. I still have to paint it and get some silicone couplers for it to complete it. that is the rough version

1 - 10 of 10 Posts