SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) DIY MBC................was nice and cheap
2) Intercooler pipe mod = awesome, great throttle responce and spool up
3) Hand porting the o2 sensor housing at the exit and the exhaust manifold at the intrence and exit a bit.......pretty good again some added feeling in spool and responce.

4) Soon to be done Thermowrap the entire downpipe*
5) Soon to be done Make a aluminum box around air filter*
6) Soon to be done Re-wire stock fuel pump for more fuel*

*My all time favorite DIY mod with the biggest improvement would have to be re-routeing the IC pipe that went over the VC to routeing it with 2.25 inch around the rear of the VC.

·
The Anal Rententive Tuner
244 Posts
charlie2020 said:
3) Hand porting the o2 sensor housing at the exit and the exhaust manifold at the intrence and exit a bit.......pretty good again some added feeling in spool and responce.
would you like to go into the porting in more detail?

·
master of nothing
2,231 Posts
Well I hand ported and bellmouthed my t-25 comp input .Also i bellmouthed my throttle body ,knife edged the throttle plate and blended in the throttle plate screws.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Im front mounting my BB TMIC but its not done yet:rolleyes: But I will let everyone know how it is once Im done. It should be a good improvement?

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one more to add:

7) Add screen to MAF sensor to help eliminate turbulance

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nizzan4u2nv said:
^^did that help much? Maxima and b15 MAFs have that screan material. Im checkin out the links now.

Haven't added the screen yet but I have made a box around the air filter to eliminate turbulent air striking the air filter.....here is my responce form another thread:

OK, did a lil soemthin somethin today, I made a semi closed box around the air filter effectively blocking incoming turbulant air from the front of the car and the radiator fans, here r some observations I noted.

1) On coast down my o2 voltage will quickly get to .00-.01 volts everytime without a doubt even at 100mph+ so no turbulence is hitting the filter screwing up MAF volatge.

*Before my car on coast down would normally only see .07 - .15 volts during coast down (lifted throttle) and take longer to get there. Also now there seems to be a strange sense of smoothness about how the power is put down.

**I think thios is also going to improve gas milage, that wastegate gass on coast down cuzz injectors should be shut down.

or look here

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=69815

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
charlie, post some pics up of your box

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LAMO its a Jordan shoe box for right now, basically until I get some sheet metal.

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
my friend did the same thing your talking about charlie, I think it helps a little, he did it on his eclipse, first he made a template out of something like a shoebox I guess than cut some sheet metal to use, it worked fairly well

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
hahaha, nice i guess that works...is this the ghetto mod section? jk bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts