SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen lately a lot of people posting up their dyno results, and I thought it would be easier to have everyone post the sheet in one thread, and maybe make it a sticky.

Post your mods, and numbers, scanned dyno sheets help also. This way people can use this thread as a reference, and see how much HP is possible with different setups.

I'll start off.

This was my first dyno with the turbo setup on my 91 SE-R. It had the following mods, BB maniold, T25 turbo (with T28 center section), TMIC setup, JWT 4 Bar ECU, 370cc injectors, 2.5" downpipe, 3" exhaust W/2.25" muffler, Stillen intake, the following dyno runs were done at 6psi, and 15 degree timing.

The numbers: 215.3hp & 197.7tq

This next dyno was done with most of the same mods, the only things that have changed are, 3" muffler, S3 cams, FMIC, and 9psi.

The numbers: 244.8hp & 236.4tq

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ran 94 octaine and 15 degrees timing. Mods are:

50 trim t3/t04e w/ .63 rear housing and stage 3 wheel
hotshot manifold
2.5dp - 3"exhaust
50lb 3bar
z32 MAF
z32 fuel pump
JWT ECU
JWT S2 cams

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
serban that is a nive smooth run if i must sat. i need to find some of my old sheets

·
retired
1,501 Posts
93-94octane
u12 bbdet
stock tmic
stock turbo
stock cams
stock 370 cc injectors
stock maf
bluebird intake pipe
3" jgy downpipe
2.5" mandrel bent catback
e-manage with my STREET tune. (dyno tune made 260)
walbro pump

11psi
247.7hp 240.4tq

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
webninja said:
Ran 94 octaine and 15 degrees timing. Mods are:

50 trim t3/t04e w/ .63 rear housing and stage 3 wheel
hotshot manifold
2.5dp - 3"exhaust
50lb 3bar
z32 MAF
z32 fuel pump
JWT ECU
JWT S2 cams

That setup should get you a tone more HP, remember that the T3/T04E won't even make power till 10psi, you should dyno at 15psi, bet you get 300whp out of it.

I dynoed with a cat, no fans on the IC, stock BB, NO cams and the same 50lb 3bar setup but with a cobra maf. I dynoed at 15psi though.

Check out my chart:

brent

·
Registered
947 Posts
ya I agree, but I was worried about going lean. You can see at 10psi I was at 12.5 AFR - maybe the dyno wasn't reading the AFR correctly. I'll try again at a different dyno and see what I get at 15psi.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

c16, 18psi, 50 trim, stage 3, .63 a/r turbine housing, 3" madrel bent exhaust with cat, resonator, and magnaflow muffler, 17° timing, jwt cam gears set +2.5° exhaust, -2.5° intake. this dyno was with 50lb msd injectors, 3 bar jwt ecu. a/f looks all retarded, seem to be running out of injector. but then again this was with a tailpipe wideband o2.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
The setup:
SR20DE, T28, 50lb MSDs, JWT ECU @ 3bar, Spearco Air/Water, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with 3" Catco Cat, 15* timing, 94 Octane Sunoco.

The dyno was a Dynojet 248C.

The Dynos:
8psi - Power dropped 6whp from adding 2psi to my base fuel pressure.

Full Size
Air/Fuel

10psi

Full Size
Air/Fuel

1bar - The ebay boost controller was having a very hard time keeping boost at 1bar. It was bouncing between 1bar and .9bar as seen in the graph. I feel I could have hit 300whp if boost could have held up top.

Full Size
Air/Fuel

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Avenir DE-T BBT-25, JWT ECU 370cc, 4bar, bored MAF, 3inch turbo back, Starion FMIC, 93 Octane, 10psi spike held 8.5ish via $5MBC. A/F is not correct.

Travis E.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
webninja said:
ya I agree, but I was worried about going lean. You can see at 10psi I was at 12.5 AFR - maybe the dyno wasn't reading the AFR correctly. I'll try again at a different dyno and see what I get at 15psi.
Those injectors can easily handle 300whp. I have a det motor and hit that.

Brent

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
My setup: Garrett 60 trim t3/to4e (stage 3 wheel w/ .82 turbine housing), JWT ECU 370cc @ 4 bar, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Nismo FPR (set at 60 psi @ idle with vacuum on), Walbro 255, NGK 7e's, NGK 8mm wires, MSD 6AL, Blaster 2 Coil, FMIC, HKS BOV...The dyno pulls were made at ONLY 9 psi.

Flame away @ my fuel management setup. I'm upgrading to Z32 MAF and Nismo 555cc injectors within the next couple of weeks.

Don't pay attention to the air/fuel mixture on the 1st dyno graph...apparently the meter came out during the dyno pull.

This dyno pull was more accurate with the air/fuel readings...

Manny

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Now we see why the FL guys make more power than others. Both DIN and STD horsepower, will give a higher number than SAE. My car make 184 SAE hp, and 188 DIN and STD hp. Cheaters. ;)

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Here's mine:

Avenir DET, ball bearing T25, some generic FMIC, 3" catco cat, 3" crush bent exhaust, 370cc injectors, Avenir MAF, USDM ECU w/ SAFC-II, Thermoblock spacers, 4bar, Walbro 255, stock bypass valve, stock ignition, Fidanza flywheel, Clutch Specialties clutch, 2.5" mandrel downpipe, 10psi, Sunoco 94 Octane

I think I may have melted my cat from a previous incident though, I'll be dynoing again at the end of July.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
t3t04e 50 trim .63 a/r, protech equal length manifold, fmic, 3 inch exhaust, 50lbs @ 3 bar 255lph walbro, greddy emanage, high flow cat.

Runs 4 and 5 @ 12 lbs low boost 91 pump gas/ runs 15 and 13 (15= Heat soaked )were done at 16 pounds with a 110 91 mix.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Hey Mike, any idea why your torque figures are kinda low? I have about the same exact setup and at 15psi I was around 305WHP with 296ftlbs. You are sitting a good 10-15ftlb lower and about 10whp more! Just trying to get an idea whether it is the emanage and tuning or something else. I unfortunatly have a JWT ECU in my sentra right now.

Brent

·
Registered
947 Posts
Brent - are you running a cat? I'm not sure how much difference a high flow cat and a test pipe would make, but I noticed that mike is running a high flow cat, maybe that could be the difference in #s?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my torque figures seem to be low as well. i'm running a 3" cat, resonator, mandrel bent piping, and magnaflow muffler. making a couple changes to my setup, and will be going to jwt to get the car tuned (mainly ecu). hopefully i can pull higher figures once i get the a/f straight across the board. how much base timing were you guys pulling when you dyno'd?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
webninja said:
Brent - are you running a cat? I'm not sure how much difference a high flow cat and a test pipe would make, but I noticed that mike is running a high flow cat, maybe that could be the difference in #s?

Yeah, i have a 3" catco cat on my car, 14" long.

My base timing was at 15º.

brent

1 - 20 of 309 Posts