SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
From Miami to New York
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some inspiration to turbo the G20 again, I have half the money saved and the rest will be coming in soon. I want to show up with the car at Andreas's place with $3500 and say here, T3/T04 and walk away...

So if you guys can post pics of your engine bays etc.... it would be great!!

Cant find old engine pics......I had a T25 w/GTiR manifold, no injectors yet, I raced and fried #4 like an idiot, here is the piston.....

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
OUCH, I usually just need to go ride in a boosted se-r to get motivated!

-Josh

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The roller rocker SR20 has a 9.8:1 compression ratio. You've gotta be careful with them! I know how it feels though.. I fried my R/R motor years ago. Not as bad as that one.. but I broke the top ring lands off on 2 pistons. Are you going to keep your R/R motor? Or go DET?
Travis

·
From Miami to New York
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unlucky said:
The roller rocker SR20 has a 9.8:1 compression ratio. You've gotta be careful with them! I know how it feels though.. I fried my R/R motor years ago. Not as bad as that one.. but I broke the top ring lands off on 2 pistons. Are you going to keep your R/R motor? Or go DET?
Travis
It was a stupid mistake I made, it was a $1500 turbo setup done by "MOI" having no proper turbo knowledge but with a help of a friend and his shop. The injectors wouldnt fit in the stock rail and I had ran out of money. So I was getting paid the next day when I went out (the car was untunned and running rich (SAFC all the way up) daily driving only, then I got on the highway with some buddies and an IS300 w/a 50 shot kept ****ing with me. I told my girl im not going for it (he kept purging) so i gave in to to the tempation (8psi) and did a coupld of runs, we were dead even a couple of times, but he did have the jump on me (2JZ) and then we went for it one more time and my car pulled a car instantly on him for a good 5 seconds then I shut it down and white smoke started appearing and the car started hesitating like a bitch and by then I knew what had occured.......

Then I went on here and G20.net, sold everything in 3 days (except the manifold), and went hunting for a roller motor in the Miami streets. NO ONE had roller motors, except the last place i went to at 5pm, i get there and there is a JDM roller motor, i asked the guy ill take it NOW!! Then he said someone passed by 10 min ago and bought it from me (im like WHOOOOOO?????????) hes like read the valve cover it says his name.......SOLD TO ANDREAS MIKO it read on the Nissan valve cover!!!!! IM LIKE WTF!!! What a coinsciedence I called Andreas (got his # on here) and he hooked me up and he felt my pain....so I bought it off him for a little more and he dropped it off at my house but was busy to install it. So I went to a Nissan dealer and my friend installed it as an "in house engine swap" as a couple of B15's had theyre motors blown. I didnt go DET because I didnt have enough $$$ and thats my ONLY car to get around.

a week after the blowup the car was running again (my friend took 1 day for the swap and did it well!!!)

Thats my turbo horror story!

Andreas convinced me to keep the RR motor and boost it, if it blows then the DET will come in, but I wont be doing a sick setup as the car is auto. Im gonna wait till it blows. But it does seem like the RR lasts sometimes if done well as ive seen plenty of them boosting just fine. But you know the deal Travis ive seen your posts on B15!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Frank... I never did get those "other pics" from the Convention last year.. Hook a brutha up!
Travis

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
unlucky said:
Frank... I never did get those "other pics" from the Convention last year.. Hook a brutha up!
Travis
You know I can't distribute those!

I'll bring my laptop to this years convention, and we'll talk then. MAYBE if I'm really hammered, you can convince me to show you the good pics :D

·
From Miami to New York
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a nice setup, i want to go T3/T04, whats a good AR./Trim? The T25 was nice with the auto (barely to no lag), but my friends 200SX SE-R is sick when it hits 3800RPM (T3/T04B)

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
****, frank watch out man, travis might try to take advantage of you. if he busts out some chloroform and a rag, run. trust me. :D

frank: why would you have those beautiful fittings for the oil return, and some plain rubber, nasty pep boys ones on top for the water, the ones that everyone can see? ****.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
****, frank watch out man, travis might try to take advantage of you. if he busts out some chloroform and a rag, run. trust me. :D

frank: why would you have those beautiful fittings for the oil return, and some plain rubber, nasty pep boys ones on top for the water, the ones that everyone can see? ****.
I really could care less about the bling factor. The problem is that oil return line gets HOT and practically welds itsself to the friggin bungs when I try to take it off. I usually end up slicing the hose, running some new hose, etc...

Now taking off my oil return is as easy as loosening some fittings.

My next step is to switch the fuel lines to steel braided, and the turbo coolant connectors to AN fittings like your setup. That way I don't have to slice the friggin water hoses everytime they come off also.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
you know you like the bling, ****. if you didnt care about the bling, you wouldnt have all those parts polished and ****, not to mention that Stillen bumper. you'd still be sporting that ratty tatty cut to **** stock bumper, ****. :D

btw, did you take the front cover of this motor? i see ultra copper there.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
you know you like the bling, ****. if you didnt care about the bling, you wouldnt have all those parts polished and ****, not to mention that Stillen bumper. you'd still be sporting that ratty tatty cut to **** stock bumper, ****. :D

btw, did you take the front cover of this motor? i see ultra copper there.
2 years ago my Nissan Tech friend took off the front cover to make sure the timing chain hadn't skipped at the bottom. Now I know that it CANT skip at the bottom, oh well.

And people, PLEASE don't believe this mans RICE LIES! He sports 20" CHROME MoMo Arrow wheels and Pep Boys stickers when he is not at the SE-R meets or conventions! I've seen him, and its not a pretty sight!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ok, another post with my sig.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts