Audio/Video/Electronics:

Alpine CDA9835 Headunit
Pioneer Front and Rear Speakers

Interior Modifications:

MSD Digital 6 (its inside the car :p)
HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer
MOMO Monte Carlo Steering Wheel
MOMO Shift Knob
APC Shift Boot (its actually really nice)
G20T Leather Seats
Autometer Oil Press, A/F, and Water Temp gauges

Thanks to:
Big thanks to Andreas Miko and Ian for all the times they've helped me with the car.

How long have you owned this car?
2.5 years

Is there anything unique about the history of this car?
It was owned by some lady who's husband played for some pro baseball team, I didn't want to start asking too many questions, the guy looked big, and he was an ass.

Why did you choose this car to purchase?
I've always wanted a car with T-Tops, and the Sentra was giving me way too many problems, so I called it quits with that car

What other cars did you consider?

I was set on getting the NX

What was your objective with this car?
I drove 4 hours to get the car, and it was completely stock when I got it. 5 minutes later I stop at a gas station to fill up, and on went the POP Charger. So there was no way the car was staying stock. A few months later I swapped in a DET...then a DE, with the turbo kit, then finally the VE!

Who helped you build this car?
Majority of the work was done by myself and one of my friends Robert (who went on to buy my old SE-R). However, the VE swap was done by Andreas Miko, and Ian in only about 8 hours might I add.

What makes your car special?
I think what makes the NX2000 special in general is its uniqueness. Sentras, 200sxs, G20s, they're common, its rare you see an NX all the time, sorry everyone else, but its true! But what I think is special about my car is that I also try to keep it unique, sure there's other blue NXs out there, but I have my own simple styling.

What is your favorite part/feature/function?
The handling of the NX is the best feature of this car! Even when the car was bone stock, it handled better than my SE-R ever did with all the suspension mods! Next up is the T-Tops. Great feature to have on a car in Florida.

Who or what inspired the direction of modifications on this car?
No one person inspired me with the car. I knew from the beginning which direction this car was going to go. However it probably wouldnt have the VE motor if I didn't have so many problems with the turbo setups.

What don't you like about this car?
Its condition. From far away the car looks great, but up close, its got rust! When I bought the car, the body looked great there wasnt a sign of rust anywhere, about 8 months later it showed up, and now it won't go away.

What was your biggest obstacle in building this car?
A great obstacle that everyone faces when building a car is money and time. At first it wasn't a big problem since I had all the parts I needed from my old car. Even when getting the VE motor I was able to sell my turbo parts and get everything I needed. But lately I have nothing else to sell, so getting mods for it has slowed down a bit.

How did you overcome the issue?
If I get a raise, I can overcome this issue :D

What would you change if you could?
The rust obviously, other than that, there's nothing I'd change about the car.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with the outcome of this project?

What would you do to the car if money were no object?
In this order, Suspension mods, brake mods, and whatever engine mods I could do.

Who has been your biggest critic?
I don't know of any, but I'm sure there's people out there that have talked about it and I don't know.

What do your family and friends say?
My Dad: Stop spending money on an old car, get a new car and get rid of that piece of crap. My Friends: Get more mods, make it faster!

What is your most memorable moment with this car?
Running the car at the track, and beating Mustangs, and then having the owners come up and tell me it that was a great run. Also when its strapped on the dyno, and people don't know about the VVL :D

Has this car competed in any events?
Sort of...

What were the results?
It was a dyno day, and they had trophies for highest HP in different classes. I would have taken the trophy for highest all motor 4 cylinder, but there was an S2000 that beat me.

What is your favorite place to drive this car?
Highway with the T-tops off, and the track!

What is your ideal day with this car?
Lately I hate doing any kind of major work to it, so a nice drive with the tops off works for me. Did I mention I like the T-Tops?

Who gets to drive this car?
Just me. That way if it breaks, I can't blame anyone else but me.

If you had to name your car, what would it be?
Naming your car is lame

What was your previous project?
I had a 91 SE-R that I had for 7 years. I abruptly gave up one day after the flywheel almost fell off. But I also had another SE-R which I had for about 5 months. Bought it as a shell, and sold it turboed a few months later.

What is your next project?
I'm not sure. However the rust on this car is getting kind of bad, so I may have to start looking for a donor shell in the next year.

What one word best describes your car?
EGG!

Other info you’d like to share?
SR20forum.com is the best place on earth!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts