SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how hot the heatshields on a T25 turbo get? Is it possible to get the shields powder coated or do I have to get them Ceramic coated? TIA!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
I think the temps will be too high and bake the powdercoating right off. I'd say to go with something like Swain (http://www.swaintech.com/). Terry Vincent (owner of FTF Motorsports) has these coatings on his car, and has had excellent results with this. Now, if you live somewhere that's cooler than Arizona (A.K.A Hell) and you're only interested in the looks, go ceramic.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ben Davis painted his and they still look good. I think he used the high temp paint, but he can answer that one better than I can. He's on his honeymoon right now, so maybe an answer in a week.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
True. If you just want it for the look, then the paint will be more than enough. I used it on a b-pipe and a header before and it's held up well. But, as far a functionality goes, there's no beating a coating. Swain's coatings are awesome since they help lower temps in the engine bay (which really helps here in AZ). HPC does good stuff too. But like I said, if all you want is the look, just use some QUALITY high temp paint.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts