SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the average amount of power that you can pull with the stage I turbo as opposed to the stage II F-max setup? Also does anyone have any idea how much each setup costs w/ & w/o installation.

Mel

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I honestly don't know, but pulling numbers out of my ass, I would hope the stage I kit gave you at LEAST 250hp to the wheels. Stage II more like 350+.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I know the stage II is like 5500 bux, not installed. I was wondering that one day too, and found the price somewhere. I was hoping it was a couple of hundred bux. needless to say I was disappointed

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But thats for a basic Stage II kit though, huh? w/o H2O injection, standard turbo, 525cc injectors, and not the cobra MAF, right? Maybe I should call F-max.

Mel

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much boost were they running when they first got it done? Also which kit did Searl have when he posted that 12.52 and how much power was he putting out back then. I think it was from like 2 yrs ago. Do you think F-Max will move for CARB certification now that JWT has theirs? I hope so.

Mel

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Searl and Mike were both doing 10 PSI when they first got the kits done. I don't think either of them got any timeslips while running at 10 PSI though.

Searl's 12.52 was with that FMAX kit, but I'm not sure at what stage of the development it was. I think Brian is probably right. It may have had water injection at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts