SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finnish Nut
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
How much does that hard line really do? Is it really useful? All I can see it as is an obstacle for a front mount intercooler.

What are ya'll opinions on this thing?

</font>
Well I use the cooler system from a 1.6l NX on my 2.0l NX, I've had no problems whatsoever.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
they work, not as good as a rad, id keep it.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Nissan engineers must have thought that it cooled well enough for street driving. If the finned tube is in the way and you have to toss it, you could kill two birds with one stone and install a real aftermarket cooler.

At some point, I'm installing a PS cooler, following the instructions on SE-R.net:

http://www.se-r.net/engine/psf_cooler_install.html

At the end of a lapping session, my steering gets light and the fluid floods out of the bottle. I'm going to try and solve both by swapping for a B14 PS fluid reservoir like Adam Kim did and also install the Jegs kit.

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited 10-07-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
How much does that hard line really do? Is it really useful? All I can see it as is an obstacle for a front mount intercooler.

What are ya'll opinions on this thing?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts