SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do our cars puke fluid out of the reservior and how can I keep it from happening?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'd still like to know *why* the stock one pukes fluid...

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Matt;

Mine started doing that this summer, after autocross runs. It culminated in blowing the PS hose that runs down the back side of the engine, on the firewall.

That hose, for some bizarre reason, is a two-piece. It is a *bitch* to remove from the car.

So....until the Liquid Wrench does its thing....Radiator Clamp City on the hose, to keep it from leaking.

I'm autocrossing the next two weekends. We'll find out how it goes then...

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Thanks. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'd still like to know *why* the stock one pukes fluid...

</font>
cause ya drive like a mad man and it was not designed to hold fluid under such conditions.

just a guess =)
david lau

1 - 5 of 5 Posts