SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to drive a SE-R without the power steering?? will it do any harm to the car itself??
my alternator is going nuts...one day i opened up my hood and found the anti-freeze leaking...leaking on the alternator...its making this really annoying noise and i'm broke like a joke...and when i steer the wheels it also makes that annoying high pitch noise...i need help!!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
probaly a loose belt. check your belts. 9 times out of 10 when it makes noises like that when you turn the wheel the belt is loose or needs replacement. its possible to drive with out the power steering but not very easily. from what i heard the rack and pinion isnt the right box for non power steering and its hard and/or slow acting i dont remember. but check your belts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
yeah it's squealing cuz it got wet from the antifreeze. If you have fixed the leak then you can replace the belt(s).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey..thanks for all of your help and appreciation...well i found out that my power steering fluid had a leak too...so i'm not so sure now whats was the problem.. it might be the pulleys that is spinning the belts and causin' the noise or it might be the alternator...its winter too so i don't want to flush my engine with water or it might freeze up and all that good **** will follow after....oh yeah i fixed all the leaking problems too.....hit meeh back if you guys have something...thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts