SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok at what point does power really take it's toll on reliability? I'm wanting to turbo my se-r soon but I want to be able to still use it as a daily driver. I'm willing to spend the money and get the lower compression if need be. I'm looking at the F-Maxx kit. I'm shooting to have a 12 second or better daily driver. Is this an unrealistic goal?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
No your goals are realistic and can be achieved. The only problem is the faster your car is and the more HP it produces, the more stuff you tend to break. So be prepared to save some money for that rainy turbo day. I know a lot of cars that run 11s 12 daily driven, in a front wheel drive car your not gonna run that time, on the street anyway LOL but its achievable at the track where
you should be racing anyway
Anyway lets just say I never worked on my car as much as I have since I went turbo. And now I have to replace my tranny
Oh well the price to pay when you want HP.

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is I want to do it all the right way first off. Get the tranny done, the whole 9. I'm probably going to be spending around $10k on the car so I want to know if this is possible.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
Well the thing is I want to do it all the right way first off. Get the tranny done, the whole 9. I'm probably going to be spending around $10k on the car so I want to know if this is possible.

</font>
Sure it's possible, but remember doing it right the first time is good, but just cause you get the tranny done (Gear set from Quafie, or Cryoed and SHOTPEENED) Doesn't mean it wont break, Just prolongs it a tad. Dont get me wrong Im not trying to discurage you in fact I incourage you more to do this, it's the best thing I've ever done and Higly recommend Turbocharging or modifying your car it's too fun not too
, just be aware that problems can and will arise. When you say you want a 11 second or 12 second daily driver **** man thats power 300 -400 worth, and that breaks stuff. But it's a lot of fun breaking stuff
~

------------------
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Go for it, just turn the boost down for daily driving. That's what I'd do anyways.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
The trany will be a problem. The case breaks where the passenger axle comes into the trany. I think some of the newer 200SXs had a better case, but i'm not sure. Have it welded. Getting the trany cryoed (gears etc... but not the baulk rings) is a great start. My turbo project has involved lots of prepping before it goes in. I'm ready for the turbo now. I'll be only running "max" 10psi.
"mike" is right, you want those low numbers, you will be breaking lots of bits on your way there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts