SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a good soaking rain this weekend I got into my car only to realize my ass was soaked. As it turns out i had left my windows completely down and my sunroof up. I just discovered now that whenever i put the drivers side window up my doors lock. And that is the only way i can lock my doors, aside from the remote. If i try to lock the door using the door lock switch it won't lock only unlock. I'm hooping the relay is wet, but i doubt it. Has anyone ever come across this?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have not had that problem before (with the windows) I have left my windows and sunroof open while raining though :( anyways, just pull out the panel w/ all of the switches on it, it just has one phillips bolt, slides out towards the back, unplug the harness, see if there is any corrosion on the terminals, blow in em, plug it back in and see if that works, sounds kinda hokey, but may work.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ok real info here. Yea Ive heard of it. my friend left his window open in his lumina and his window went on the fritz then his power locks quit working. he said a new switch woudl fix it. probaly just corosion in there

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its all better now. I took the panel out and used some compressed air. It still gave a lil bit of trouble when i wanted to get in it kept locking itself. But it hasn't done it since then, yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts