SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I got my 92 NX2000 it def had its electrical problems. I've fixed them all except for the power windows and door locks.

I've tried taking apart the whole window switch and cleaning it out but that didn't work. Passenger side doesn't work either. It gets power all the way up to the switch and you can jump the plug that goes into the back of the switch using wire paperclips connected to the metal contacts. I've tried 2 other used driver side master window switches but still have no luck.

The power door locks were working for a short period of time even when the windows didn't but then it just quit one day. When I manually lock the driver side door I can hear the motor click in the passenger side door like it's trying to lock it but it won't.

I've checked the fuses and things and can't find anything else wrong. I can't find any other used switches and I'm hesitant to buy the switch brand new from the dealer at $100 cuz if it doesn't work still, I'm SOL since they won't take it back after installed. But if you can jump the plug with paperclips, you'd think it would have to be the switch, right? But you'd also think that after 3 switches, I'd have better luck in getting them to work.

Is there anything else I can try (that's inexpensive) to help diagnose the exact problem before I go wasting $100 on another switch??

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
I just bought new switches for my 200sx because i bought some used ones and they didnt work either.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
I had the same problem, and it was blown fuses. Also, the locks/windows won't opperate if EITHER of the switches are unplugged.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked all the fuses about 50 times. I have blown some in the past but they are all good. Both sides are plugged in. You can stick paper clips into the metal contacts of the plug and make the window go up and down that way. But I tried 2 other switches from the junkyard and they didn't work. I would think it would have to be the switch still and maybe I've had really bad luck with uses switches?

I've got so many electrical problems though right now so who knows!

Thanks for the reply tho!

·
6,928 Posts

·
6,928 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts