SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think they should add the following to their HP disclaimer at the bottom:

"Please keep in mind that the cumulative HP gains above are total BS and that everyone knows you can't add individual HP gains from each mod to get one big "stage 10" HP...we just did it so we can sell more stuff."

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

[This message has been edited by nx2kPA (edited 07-19-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WORD!!!!

That was a good try but that webpage is full of B.S.!!

ha ha ha,

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, it says right on the bottom that the HP gains are approximate with the best option per stage. It's ok if you could only look at the pics, I'll have someone read it to ya.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE-R:
Actually, it says right on the bottom that the HP gains are approximate with the best option per stage. It's ok if you could only look at the pics, I'll have someone read it to ya.</font>
That's some really pathetic approximations made on that site, I tell ya!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That bad huh? So what are you guys thinking the hp would get up to with the first 4? I was thinking about getting at least those. Maybe 160-165?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That bad huh? So what are you guys thinking the hp would get up to with the first 4? I was thinking about getting at least those. Maybe 160-165?</font>
Well, with intake, exhaust, header, and ECU on a USDM SR20DE... I've seen dyno charts ranging from 135whp to 143whp. Keep in mind this is at the wheels! Typically, you would assume *approximately* 15% drivetrain loss when measuring horsepower from the crank and horsepower from the dynojet (at the wheels.) So to guess 160-165bhp is a bit on the optimistic side (I'm not doing the math here, so someone correct me if I am wrong) but a much closer approximation as compared to what's on that site.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (127whp, 123lb/ft w/Borla muffler, 19deg timing)
1998 200SX SE-R (144hp, 128lb/ft w/CAI, header, muffler, ECU, cams, pulleys)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Actually, it says right on the bottom that the HP gains are approximate with the best option per stage. It's ok if you could only look at the pics, I'll have someone read it to ya.</font>
Yeah you're right, I can't read...

Who cares if they say that "HP gains are approximate with the best option per stage", it still doesn't change the fact that their method of obtaining the cumulative HP numbers is completely bogus.

I'll make a deal with you...I promise to learn how to read if you promise to not believe everything you read. Sound fair?

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds fair enough to me nx2kPA. So if I'm starting out with 140 hp I could hope for maybe what? 150? 170? after those 4 upgrades. I'm just ticked because of the fact I wasn't going to mind spending $1200 to get it up to 178hp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whatever, forget that last post of mine about the hp question again. You're saying with all these extras your car only gained 4 hp?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1998 200SX SE-R (144hp, 128lb/ft w/CAI, header, muffler, ECU, cams, pulleys)</font>
That is about 169 hp and 150ft-lbs the crank

FWIW, I made 143hp and 128tq at the wheels with CAI, cams, header, and pulleys.
I have since added the ECU and an exhaust will be going on within 30 days.

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
whatever, forget that last post of mine about the hp question again. You're saying with all these extras your car only gained 4 hp?

</font>
No... READ my post again, and then you'll understand. I quoted *wheel* horsepower... horsepower measured *at the wheels*. That's lower than horsepower *at the crank* which is the rated horsepower used by all car manufacturers. In other words, a stock SR20DE makes 140hp *at the crank*. My SE-R makes 144hp *at the wheels* which would be significantly higher than 140 *crank* horsepower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was pretty funny what you did with the "READ" being in all caps. I'm still laughing over here. I'm sorry, I must have forgotten my "how to understand everything about horsepower" book at home today. That's exactly why I came on this message board, to get some ideas of what to do & to get some info that I don't currently have. Thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts