SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some input from guys that paid to get their master kit put in. How much did it cost? Also did you install the tie rod and ball joint boots??

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
I installed every single possible es bushing and boot made for our cars, except for motor moutns (using jwt)..

I would imagine they would charge you a pretty penny.. cause its kind of a bitch... I think your best bet would be you and a friend, a propnae torch and some air tools and just have at it for the weekend.....
Before:

AFTER:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats the thing, I don't have time for it right now. Plus I've heard how much of a bitch it can be, not looking forward to a DYI experience.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
so how long did it take you guys to do? a weekend or a day? with airtools or without?

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Salvisol82 said:
Just wanted some input from guys that paid to get their master kit put in. How much did it cost? Also did you install the tie rod and ball joint boots??

Save yourself some time, I got 2 lower control arms with ES bushings already pressed in, and new ball jionts installed I am tring to sale.

To give you a idea on doing the LCA bushings you have to cut the old bushings off, A pita without a cutoff tool, and press one of the bushings out. It is a great time to do the Ball jionts since you have to press one of the bushings out anyways and the ball jionts also need to be pressed out.
I have done several motor mounts and they really are not that hard, just take your time.
IF I was you I wouldn't do it all at once unless you have another vehicle to drive. I would go for the M. Mounts and shift bushings one Sat. then another Sat. do the LCA bushings. Then another day do the rear bushings. After you do the rear bushings, go get a 4 wheel alignment.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Its311Pete said:
Save yourself some time, I got 2 lower control arms with ES bushings already pressed in, and new ball jionts installed I am tring to sale.
You have my attention. PM me with some more details please.

Thanks!

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
celm said:
on the control arms u have to have the bushiings pressed
actually not really, just heat up the outside of the bushings and get a Big Fn Hammer and give a few solid whacks. worked like a champ today to get mine out.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
It took me a month, but that was ES master set, 4 motor mounts, front and rear brakes, steering rack bushings and some other stuff. I had no idea what I was doing and did it on the garage floor. I've been working at a garage for about a year now and i guess it would take a good afternoon anyway. Do the front and rear seperately, rear being harder than the front. If you buy the LCA's already done for you it will save you an hour or three, depending on your tools and experience. buying the LCAs ready to go, it whould only take an hour or two to slap them on. Even less if you have a lift

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Blair, drive that thing down here and we can take care of it. If you are doing the rear, call or IM me before doing them.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Peanuthead said:
Blair, drive that thing down here and we can take care of it. If you are doing the rear, call or IM me before doing them.
You dont by chance have an extra set of rear stuff do you? I need to get another set so I can push the bushings in before I attack the car.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
It took me 3 days, about 24 total working hours. It sucked much ass because it was summer and hot outside, but if it had been cooler out that would have lessen the bitch factor by 50% or more. I have extra OEM swaybar bushings and endlinks since they aren't needed/don't fit the progress bars, if anyone wants them cheap.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
blairellis said:
You dont by chance have an extra set of rear stuff do you? I need to get another set so I can push the bushings in before I attack the car.
Not sure of what you are asking, but call me tonight before 8pm or after 11:30pm and talk to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts