beat a 93 vw corrado vr6 and a 00 vw gti vr6. My friends are talking a lot
of ish about nissans and how they are going to kick my ass, so i don't want
to bring my car back until i know it is going to be able to beat them. so if
i can't beat them stock waht would i have to do? TIA and sorry its so long

Brad Poindexter

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Hmm. Not sure what a VR6 does the the 1/4. I imagine you'll need at least the usual external bolt-ons. I think I read a review when the VR6 first came out in the Corrado that they did 0-120 in 20.6 or something like that. That is not slow.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
You'll have the weight advantage, plus the old VR6's fall off at high RPM's. The 2k one can cook though. Make sure to get a POP or whatever to feed your baby the air. If you have the loot get a header first that'll give you a lot of high end. Is it a 7500 rpm motor? If not you might need an ECU also. This should make you competitive in the accel dept. others might say get cams and the ECU, and they might have a point.

·
Boost Junkie...
1,089 Posts
as much as i hate to sya it the VR6's are really fast....my friend had a 97 VR6 Jetta and it hualed arse...It could chirp them going into 4th gear with five people in the car..they have hella torque...he now has a VR6 Corrado and that even lighter has more torque and is pretty frikin fast also...well good luck..i'd start with the bolt-ons and that will be a good startto at least hanging with them

------------------
Honduhs what?!?!? I thought i heard a wet fart...

·
Registered
705 Posts
An old buddy of mine hada 91 Corrado g60, and that was always a close race...sometimes id win sometiomes he would. So i bet the vr6 will win if yer stock

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
The primera engine is JDM and makes more power than the domestics right? With light mods and the 7500, or 7800rpm redline, I believe he will hang with them. The old VR6's have good torque but fall off power over 5K as I understand it. In a long race I would bet on the Nissan. Not over a new one though. The 2k's and over are kickass! All the rest of the VR6's fall in between i guess. Also Nissan isn't the only auto manufacturer whose products respond well to tuning. So I guess i'm saying the engine is a good step, but you never know what you could get yourself into trying to one-up your freinds

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 05-02-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
An old buddy of mine hada 91 Corrado g60, and that was always a close race...sometimes id win sometiomes he would. So i bet the vr6 will win if yer stock

</font>
Hhaha oh no not that kid. That kid sucks. Whitetrash POS.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's illegal...you can't put a 94 motor in a 95 chassis. the motor must be the same age or newer than that of the body of the vehicle. a shop here in wisconsin just got busted for doing that...heavy fines. they were doing all j spec motors so i don't think the fact that the motor is imported will affect it...could be wisconsin law though.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
You cant put a new motor in a older car ? thats a weird law ? so you can't build hot rods and what not there in wisconsin ?

------------------

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sr20de4dr:
i have a 95 sentra and im having a 94 premira motor put in it (
Jason Young is doing it ) and i was wondering if i'm going to be able to
beat a 93 vw corrado vr6 and a 00 vw gti vr6. My friends are talking a lot
of ish about nissans and how they are going to kick my ass, so i don't want
to bring my car back until i know it is going to be able to beat them. so if
i can't beat them stock waht would i have to do? TIA and sorry its so long

Brad Poindexter
</font>
To be honest with you, NO!. I have friends with VR6's. Dem suckas are fast. Even my mother-in-laws 93 Passat VR6 Automatic chirps out the hole and second.
If the VR6 is stock in a Jetta maybe you will beat him. If he had an Autothority Q chip, Neuspeed P-Flow, and a good suspension (Jordan, take notes)he will whoop your ass in 3rd. You could probally keep up in 1st and second. I am buying a G20 that needs a motor and boosting that sucka. I found one for $1200 a while back but it was sold before I could get to it. I am looking for another one.
Summary, A Jetta VR6, maybe in 1-2 but probally not 3rd.
A Corrado VR6-just let him go, it is hopeless unless the car is not tuned right and/or he sucks as a driver.
A Golf(A3-A4) VR6-Stock maybe, but with parts probally not.
Flame me if you want but I know the VR6. It is deadly. Not a 10 Second car but an aggressive street hauler!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay i'll chime in my 2¢ since i own a Corrado SLC VR6.

i ran with a modded 200sx se-r on the highway from 75mph-100mph+ no contest...i fragged him. he had an exhaust and it was lowered. i have no idea if it was automatic or what was under the hood, so i won't speculate as to what else he might have had/didn't have.

however, the gearbox on the 'dubs is piss poor. it's almost like a rowboat. it's very difficult to put the power down out of such long throw's. so it'd be likely that from stop light to stop light you're going to match those VR6's. don't forget those Corrado's, Golf's and Jetta VR6's are HEAVY compared to your se-r's.
however, on the highway it's a different story. the torque on the VR6 will let you rip up to 130mph+ in no time.

i'd like to come across one of these SR20DE-T's and have them frag me on the highway.
maybe someone from the Carlisle show can do this for me.

------------------

one day, one day
you will blossom
one day, one day
when you're ready
- Björk

[This message has been edited by Xymox (edited 05-02-2001).]

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
they have the answer to boost too fellas. its called the 1.8t I wish NIssan had the GTiR in this country that'd be the ****. What about a QR versus a VR6? huh? I still think the newer v-dubz' are faster esp. with the tuning and all.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah my girl kicked me out of her suite because I was talking too much, so I missed the ending. The horizon didn't look to good to poor Bjork though. its a good thing she has a large body of old stuff to listen to.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Say Xymox? I noticed your signature. Did you like that dncer in the dark? kinda weird even for her right? I still like most of her old **** a lot though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
Say Xymox? I noticed your signature. Did you like that dncer in the dark? kinda weird even for her right? I still like most of her old **** a lot though. </font>
i found it highly disturbing. since Björk is one of my hero's.. i found the ending horrifying.

but the lady can act! however i love her more behind a microphone and in the studio. her new album Vespertine is due out in August. i've retained a copy and it's VERY different from all her previous works. i'm not as excited.

peace.

------------------

one day, one day
you will blossom
one day, one day
when you're ready
- Björk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts