SR20 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I put a new header on, thus removing the "stock" status of the car. I touched the emissions unit, its not stock, therefore I messed with the emissions. I am a bad, bad consumer, who should have all of his rights taken away from him. Bad. Bad consumer...

However, ever since Friday (20th of July) when I brought the car in, and the mechanic manually pushed the EGR valve back down, I have driven about 300 miles without incident. Magic?

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing
http://post.uwstout.edu/l/lilienthala/car.html

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
some dealerships don't know what the f&(k they are talking about, I could see where they are coming from, but iirc there was a tsb about the egr tube being too small or too big on one of the models, causing the egr to mess up. and I do think that it was on either the 98 or 99 models, and I have not had a problem yet... header had nothing to do with the egr going out or sticking on you.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.