SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XE-R Overweight
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 SR20DE in my XE and all was going good, and then the car started to feel wierd when crusing at a normal speed (like not accelerating). When accelerating it felt normal. But when I level out and hold the RPMs if feels as if the car is running on 3 cylinders. And now its backfiring like a mofo. So I figure there is unburned fuel right? I replace the Plugs and Wires just now, and its still happening. What else could it be? Rotor? Fuel Injectors?

Im not driving it now, till I resolve this. Other noticeable things... Smoke is coming out of exhaust even when Idleing. And the cars Idle bobs up and down from 500-1000 rpm. When I (in neutral) take the RPM up and hold at about say 4k, no smoke (at least from rearview mirror posistion), but when I left off, A TON of smoke...

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Have you checked the compression?

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
XE-R Overweight
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I havent. Is there a way I can rule that out with having a compression tester? All the old plugs looked identical. Would there be any signs of wear on one, or is the only way to know to test with a compression tester?

-Shaun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts