SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put powerstop rotors and axxis pads on my car today. I didn't trust myself to do the work, so I took my parts to a local brake shop and had them do it. I drove home from the shop (about 15 miles) with no problems until I was about to turn into my driveway when I heard a thumping sound. I tapped the brakes and it went away. Later while lightly braking I noticed that my brake pedal sort of shook or pulsated and the thumping noise returned occationally. Are these normal observations for new rotors and pads? Is it because the new stuff needs to break-in?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
That shouldn't happen. I did the same upgrade on my car myself and I didn't notice anything like that. Where is the "thump" coming from? I'd take the car back and make sure they installed them correctly, although it's so easy it's hard to imagine a shop doing it wrong.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All is well. Must have just needed to break them in. I put about 250 miles on the new set up. Everything felt good today. No vibrations in the pedal, no noises, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts