1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 SER
when I launch I feel massive wheel hop and sometimes
a nice loud claunk when taking off.
does this mean that my tranny is bad LSD is broken?
if so that I need to replace the tranny
what other trannies match up from other cars besides sentras...

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Wheel hop will eventually crack the tranny case. Which will mean you will have to replace the entire thing if it goes too far. So, get off the throttle completely when you get wheel hop.

Energy Suspension engine/tranny mounts go a long way towards solving this and are worth the low $$$ investment.

You need to inspect your tranny case for cracks if you've had a lot of wheel hop. Then, replace the engine/tranny mounts. It is not an internal problem. Any '91-99 SR20 tranny will work in your car. Some have electronic speedo sensors (later) and some have cable sensors, which need to be swapped.

Again...get out of the throttle 100% when you get wheel hop, or plan on changing trannys every other week until you get the engine/tranny mounts.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
That "claunk" that you here could possibly be the tranny hitting the steering assembly located near the firewall. this is not good. ES inserts are a great suggestion^^^

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
cure for wheel hop. 1. es control arm bushings 2. control arm brace 3. es motor mount inserts

·
Registered
369 Posts
On the old beast, without ES control arm bushings you would actually see the toe change about an inch and the wheels move backward on drag strip video. :D

When I *first* bought the car and dropped the cluch it wheelhopped SO bad and then DIED. Turns out the MAF plug slammed into the master cylinder and shorted the ECU fuse. F.Y.I. It was at our local cruise scene and was totally embarassing. lol That's okay though becuase it came back and more than regained "respect" once boosted. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts