SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
expect the unexpected
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i got the car a couple months back and since i got it when i make the turns it takes a while till it actually does the turns. I don't know if its only a bushing or if i have to change the entire racking pinion which is a lot of work. Let me know if anyone knows???? :)

·
Sunny driver
141 Posts
so i got the car a couple months back and since i got it when i make the turns it takes a while till it actually does the turns. I don't know if its only a bushing or if i have to change the entire racking pinion which is a lot of work. Let me know if anyone knows???? :)
mmm. sounds maybe the tie rods ends need replaced. so you turn the wheel and its not moving the wheels? mmm.. I would say put it up on stands or a lift and check it out from under it. its gott a be a loose joint somewhere with lots of play. tie rod ends usually are the issue. Moog joints are heavy duty and last long with greasible ends.

Chris 92 classic

·
Sunny driver
141 Posts
did you find anything out about the rack? CV joints can cause clicking and wierd movement in the steering wheel. just wondering

chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts