SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened my sunroof in the raise function(instead of sliding it all the way back) and when I tried to close it, all I hear is a loud whistling coming from the front of it. Anyone else have this problem with their Classic? I tried taking some water and a toothbrush and scrubbing the front of the weatherseal as best I could, because I figured with all the road salt and debris on the roads here, maybe something just got stuck, but that didn't work either! Not only is the noise annoying, but I can feel air coming in through the leak in the moonroof, too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Whenever I close the sunroof in my Classic from the raised position I slide it back & forth an inch or so to eliminate the whistling sound. It doesn't seal properly unless you do it this way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I did give that a try, but it didn't work. I just dumped some water on the roof and opened and closed it to flush out debris, and it stopped whistling. Personally, I think it just froze the sunroof in place, so that's why the sound stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts