SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I searched.. I was wondering for you Profec B users with external wastegates, what dip switch settings did you use? I downloaded the PDF from the greddy site and even with the boost controller turned off (using their external settings) the car boosts as much as it wants (22psi+) I have everything plumbed right. And with the Profec uninstalled the car hits wastegate pressure just fine (7psi). This is the regular Profec B not the spec2 with the lcd.

TIA
Luis

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
are your knob settings all correct? did you turn all the knobs fully CCW before giving it power?

If I recall correctly, theres 2 different DIP settings for external watsegates. 1 regualr and 1 setting incase you overboost.. which is your situation.. check the instructions again, Mr. Puto J. Homes.

Let me know what you find...

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NX$paniard said:
are your knob settings all correct? did you turn all the knobs fully CCW before giving it power?

If I recall correctly, theres 2 different DIP settings for external watsegates. 1 regualr and 1 setting incase you overboost.. which is your situation.. check the instructions again, Mr. Puto J. Homes.

Let me know what you find...
Well I went with the settings here and used both settings (external and external with overboost). Well I'll look into your knob suggestions, but this was with the thing wired up.. installed and turned off. It was like I didn't have a wastegate at all, thing would spool til I lifted. I got this Profec from Orozco, so I know it works. The one thing that I did notice, is that he had the dip switches set to "actuator" which struck me as odd since he had a Tial40mm on that thing. The only other reason for this thing to act all weird is if you hook the vacuum lines up backwards to the solenoid box.. but those are 100% right :)

Luis

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NX$paniard said:
how about the lines from the solenoid box to the wastegate??

if you flop those, more boost will actually make the w/g shut tighter LOL
Heh yeah those are fine. "in" "out" even I can't get that crap backwards. The IN goes to the boost source the BOV uses (IM) the OUT goes to the top port on the TIAL wastegate.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wicked R said:
I'm going to throw this out there... but do you have the solenoid box upside down?? This caused me to have the same symptoms you are...

Cheers-
Erich
I have the vacuum nipples pointing "up". Do you have an external wastegate?

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wicked R said:
the nipples need to be down...

I have a 38mm Ext. Wastegate...

Cheers-
Erich
I'll definitely have to look into that then :) I think Greddy was readable, but it's not hard to flip over. Can you also check your dip switch settings when you get a chance? :)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I used the regular external dip switches according to the manual... I dont have the car here, its being rebuilt at my buddy's place... If you really need help I can get a hold of him and ask him...

Cheers-
Erich

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wicked R said:
I used the regular external dip switches according to the manual... I dont have the car here, its being rebuilt at my buddy's place... If you really need help I can get a hold of him and ask him...

Cheers-
Erich
That would be great if its not too much trouble :)

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wicked R said:
the word Greddy needs to be readable on the solenoid box... if I recall correctly that was with the nipples down?? I dont have my car here to verify...

Cheers-
Erich
Well I checked my buddies car last night and his Greddy is readable with the nipples pointing up. He has an internal wastegate so I didn't check his dip switches.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Luis, tell me your plumbing exactly. What line is going to the top of the W/G and what is going to the side of the w/g?

The GReddy on mine is readable w/ the nipples up. I mounted mine kind of sideways.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
You need the side nipple on the WG to go straight to the IM, nothing in between it.

You need another line from the IM to the "IN" on the Profec.

The "Out" line goes to the top nipple.

The way you have, the WG isn't seeing any boost.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NX$paniard said:
Luis, tell me your plumbing exactly. What line is going to the top of the W/G and what is going to the side of the w/g?

The GReddy on mine is readable w/ the nipples up. I mounted mine kind of sideways.

It's like this.. the wastegate is working fine right now (with no EBC plumbed to it) But this is how I had it.

Side port on the Tial had a line straight to the compressor housing , nothing else. The top port on the Tial had a line straight to the OUT port on the Greddy Profec box. The IN port on the Greddy Profect box goes to a fitting on the intake manifold. The Greddy controller box (in the car) has a line straight to the IM as well.

With things hooked up like this, the turbo boosts 22+ if I dont lift heh.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts