SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update page 2

So over the winter I've been really trying to take my car into the next level. I'm just getting ready for this year SE-R convention. I'm now finally boosted. Also I had some body work done. I had a new front & rear bumper installed. I also had rust in the front door jamb by the door hinge and rust on the rear quater panal. When the body shop took of the rear cover thet notice alot more rust that I did not know was there. Its a Chicago car so rust is going to happen. This pictures were taken with my camera phone so thier not the best.

The Body Work was done by Carlos of HQ Customs 847-630-9915. He does all of AMS's cars and has painted alot of cars that are featured in magazines and Hot Import Nights. He really did a great job on my car and it was a great experiance dealing with him. Everytime I'm at the shop he's usally working on an EVO or a 240, but he works on everything. I've dealed with alot body shops in my time and this was the first time I left with my car from a body shop with a smile :)

·
Banned
455 Posts
Nice ride and that's great that your keeping up with the body work. Great work and keep it up.

·
Is wrong BOB!
496 Posts
Dayum, that looks great, my A-pillar looks just like that, did he give you a layout of costs? I would like to get an idea of how much the A-Pillar is gonna be, but I just haven't had time to get an estimate! lol

They did a great job:biggthump

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Deviled Egg!
6,321 Posts
Nice work...

if you don't mind me asking how much was the work done? He did a great job... man...

You can PM me it if you want... Chitown isn't far from me...

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry people but I can't tell you how much he charged me. He is a very good friend of mine and he did me this favor to help me out. I did not go to him expecting any discount, he just really looked out for me. . But if anyone is interested bring your car to his shop or give him a call. His name is Carlos.

He also painted my boy Pedro cars that now works there

and this is Pedro cousins car that he bought from AMS that HQ Kustoms also painted

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo! thanks alot guys. Good lookin out :cool:
I try.
She's coming along though. Little by little.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dayum. Very nice dude. I love the headlights too.

I think my car was in a bad accident at one time, because the passenger side rocker panel underside has lots of rust/bondo (I have to jack the rear up under the control arm mount because of it) while the other side looks brand new, and the people who repainted the car did a **** job. It looks orange above the pinstripe and on the bumper covers. I can't wait to get it repainted ^_^ I wish I lived closer, because I would hit that place up for sure.

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dayum. Very nice dude. I love the headlights too.

I think my car was in a bad accident at one time, because the passenger side rocker panel underside has lots of rust/bondo (I have to jack the rear up under the control arm mount because of it) while the other side looks brand new, and the people who repainted the car did a sh*t job. It looks orange above the pinstripe and on the bumper covers. I can't wait to get it repainted ^_^ I wish I lived closer, because I would hit that place up for sure.
thanks

post some pics up before and after when you get it done

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i have never walked out of a body shop happy, so i am very glad to hear you were well taken care of. most shops around here cannot match colors for anything, impacient employees break all the taps and connectors, replace with zipties, grr. just really hard to get a worth while shop, glad you guys have one out there!

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have never walked out of a body shop happy, so i am very glad to hear you were well taken care of. most shops around here cannot match colors for anything, impacient employees break all the taps and connectors, replace with zipties, grr. just really hard to get a worth while shop, glad you guys have one out there!
Same here, I've had the same experiance before. I've know the guy at the shop long enough to know what kind of work he does. Plus it helps when your best friend works there and I live on the same block as the body shop so I can be thier everyday if i had too ;)

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts
WOW!!! That B14 looks amazing!!! Great work by them who brought her back to life.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts