SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp, here's the shocker. do NOT get OmniSpark Plug Wires. here's why:
we bought them in summer, and put them on. they were hard to get on at first, but after a couple bad words they slid on.

tonight we went to take them off, and when we went to pull them off they cracked, and broke! the top broke off, leaving the other part still attached to the spark plug! after about 30 minutes of breaking, vacuuming, wd40'ing, cussing, and calling oriely's (i am NEVER shopping there again, but for more reasons than just this), we finally got them off. other than that, no problems with the valve gasket whatsoever.

next up we tried the fuel filter. NO ROOM TO WORK WITH FOLKS! finally we got the top off, fuel spewed out, no shocker there. now, the bottum one! woaa! it was harder than a mofo! well, after a lot of fuel we got that off. we decided to put the new one on, we'd turn the wheel. so i turned the wheel trying to get some power steering fluid, BAD MISTAKE. the pump immediatly turned on and shot fuel all over the ground and back half of the engine. ohhhhh my dad was cussing then, lol. after about 1 hour of trying to put it on through the hood area with no success, we jacked the car up and took off the drivers side front wheel. EASY THAT WAY! duh! it went right on!

after that we cleaned up the garage, moved my car outside to dry, and i'm inside now with nothing but my boxers on due to gas, dirt, and other crap. i'm cold.

btw, i went junkyard hopping today and found a set of nissan nx2000 wheels in awesome shape! $239! they are gonna be the full time wheels, and the stock alloys are getting the kuhmo treatment.

------------------
feature your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ok, let me see if I got this correct: You turned the key ON with the fuel filter disconnected? And you were suprised that gas went all over the place? Good thing no one was smoking near by. KABOOOOOOMMMMM. The filter is not that bad if you release the pressure first before you try to pull the filter off. Question: why did you turn the wheel to put the new filter on? Nothing associated with the steering is in the way.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car was on the ground and we were turning the wheel so we could get our hand behind the wheel to get the fuel filter that way. we just said screw it and jacked it up, yanked the wheel off, and made it a LOT easier.

btw, the spark plugs were the shocker.

------------------
feature your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

G

·
0 Posts
Did ya try the trick of disconnecting the fuse to the fuel pump, starting the car to purge the system and THEN putting the fuel filter on? It was on SE-R.net. At least we didn't read that you got the "Colonel Sander's Treatment"...You know....Original recipe or extra crispy

·
Registered
858 Posts
you can pick up a piece of hose for fuel lines high press. same dia. but longer for the bottom of f filter so next time all you do is pull filter from clamp and have enough slack to remove and replace from the top. just by opening the hood. high pressure rubber hose 2-3bucks a foot for fuel lines easy to do.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
0 Posts
I did it from the top of the engine bay.
I busted a couple knuckles but finally did it. That fuel line trick sounds pretty good.

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Christ almighty are you, and your dad inhaling the fumes from all that gas! Do yourself a favor, and locate/use the fuse box next time. OR make sure and prey to jeebus.

yeah, remving the fuel filter did a number on my knuk'z too.

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 04-24-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts