SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am new to this place and just recently got into fixing up my 200SX. All of my girlfriends have Honda's and I just recently decided to show them that I can fix up my 200SX just as well. Unfortunately now I am REALLY into it and am having fun. ANYWAY, I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

1- Where can I find projector headlights (headlamps, whatever) for my car?
2-I know they don't make Altezza's for my car, BUT do they make any euro style taillights?

I don't know too much about cars, but am learning a lot. I just ordered Ground Control Coilovers and a Weapon R intake.

If anyone has any advice for me or can help me out PLEASE do! Thank you so much. I love my Nissan and would NEVER buy a Honda! :)

Thanks guys!
Julie

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oops, to answer your question:

1. www.Nis-Knacks makes the only projectors for our cars. Unfortunately, they are sold out. Your best bet it to continually search the SE-R.net classifieds and the For Sale forum on here. OCCASIONALLY a used set goes up for sale. There is a big demand for them.

2. I know there are clear tails available for the Sentras (www.nopi.com) but none for the 200sx AFAIK.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys! I appreciate the help. It's so much harder to find parts for my 200SX but wouldn't trade it for a Honda any day! My best friend has a Honda Del Sol which is starting to look good. I bought her Altezza's for her birthday so she is going to be stoked. :)

Anyway, I just ordered some Xenon Plasma HiD headlight bulbs online so hopefully those will be cute.

It's fun to chat with others with the same car as mine, I don't know anyone else with a 200SX. Watch out! I will probably always be on here asking for advice and help!

Maybe I will post a picture of my car. :)

Thanks again,
Julie

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you ordered Ground Controls, you need to get some good shocks like KYB AGXs. If you use the stock shocks, they won't last long and your car will handle like most of those Honduuhs out there. Also with the projectors, most people complain that the bulbs don't last as long. I would just get some good Ultra White bulbs and spend that extra money on a header or other go fast parts.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah Julie, I had the projetcors and I had my way with them. I had to get rid of them and get the Crystal H4 Lamps. I'd give anything to have a woman with the same intrest as me being my car and stuff, but am I just one guy with this feeling? You will love your SER as everyone on this forum loves theirs. You'll find everyoen here more than kind enough to help you out and also good to shoot the **** with online. Good Luck with the car and have fun!!

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
www.geocities.com/nyceser

[This message has been edited by NyceP26 (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
844 Posts
sweat....

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha. I don't have a picture of myself with my car believe it or not. So, I would have to post two pictures (one of me and one of my car). I will have my friend take a picture of myself with my car, though. By the way, I don't have an SE-R. :-( Just an SE, but I still love it. Mine's going to be all show and no go. I want it to look and sound good. :)

Cheers ,
Julie

·
Registered
466 Posts
EDIT Deleted double post

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Alright you two, cut it out. Its not often we have women post here, so don't harrass her. She'll post any pictures she wants , when she wants, so leave her alone.

G

·
Hey Julie-
Welcome to the board! Don't Worry about havin just an SE, i've got an SE right now also....it does just fine against the honda's around here. i've got nothin on my yet except for audio stuff. bein in highschool i have no money after buying my car. haha.

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you know where I could get those Crystal H4 headlamps? I saw them at www.nis-knacks.com but they are sold out for a while.

Thanks,
Julie

[This message has been edited by Julie427 (edited 05-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Julie I got #2 of the last of the H4 lights from Nis-Knacks and I do not think Richard is getting any more. I must say that now havine these lights they look a whole lot better than the projectors. They look so much cleaner and they shine pretty well too.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, Nis-knacks was out of them. :-( Man, I am having the worst time finding the Crystal H4 lamps or projectors! How annoying...
Thanks,
Julie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts