SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have APC clear corners, not the crystal clear corners that Nis-Knacks offered. Mods had to be made, but they did end of fitting pretty well with the projector's and grill. I took a couple more pics that came out better than the original (I think...).

------------------
The girl with "SX-APEAL"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About time, too. Whew, I was having a time installing them... I received the projector's from RoboCar over two weeks ago and I wasn't too enthused when I opened the box and found a mess of wiring along with the head lamps and no instructions. I definitely like the look of the projector's with the APC clear corners. I dunno about the chrome grill though... I might end up putting the factory grill back on. My front end is just so shiny now, lol. Anyway, thanks to all those who helped me with the installation. Sorry for the funk pic, but can't expect much with my cheap lil' camera.

------------------
The girl with "SX-APEAL"

·
Registered
765 Posts
sweet, do u have any more pictures (maybe a closer shot?) j/w...
Looks good, I am definently considering some projectors for my '95.

I also agree that you should think about swapping the grill back to stock or maybe a stillen?

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
did you use the us corner lens or the jdm lens? I have a set sitting in my garage ready to go in.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I dont know Im just not a big fan of those projectors. I like the other ones, the single bulb ones or whatever cant remember the name. Get you a 98se grill, they look alot better than that chrome thing. Ive always hated those chrome ones, personal opinion tho.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice job Leenhanz.. I'm glad you got them installed w/o much troubles... brian I have some intructions that might help you out if you don't have any

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, one of the local guys has some instructions. I may hold off b/c I might just go with the j-spec corners.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
they will look the same, but they bolt in a little diffrent, that's all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlanoSER:
does anybody make those projectors without the flashy chrome surround? I think the chrome doesnt look right on our cars, just my opinion...

</font>
Changing your opinion all of a sudden?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I got a chance to see some in person the other day, and while I think the projectors as a whole look good, I could do without the chrome inside part...once again, jmo..

they go good with your chrome grill, but I dont have a chrome grill and probably never will...

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, N2K brakes, 91 intake cam, SMC Short Shifter, audio
'02 TL Type S - Stock

[This message has been edited by PlanoSER (edited 10-09-2001).]

·
Registered
765 Posts
does anybody make those projectors without the flashy chrome surround? I think the chrome doesnt look right on our cars, just my opinion...

------------------
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
how do these look with the lights on? are they bright or are they worse than stock??????

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Mine suck ass! I can't see anything at night, I think my fogs shine out as far as they do

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, anybody want to buy a set? I have the support brakets cut off, but they should work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
brian are they the chrome ones?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, same ones Bryan has if you have seen his. I don't think he has them on his car yet though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
yeah i saw them last saturday, i think they are cool except for the freakin chrome part on the inside

Oh well, guess im stuck with the hazy looking crappy stock ones

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I am tempted to pull them apart and see if I can paint the inside of them to make them look pretty bad ass

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bryan with the black Stillen kitted 200SX said he was gonna take the chrome projectors apart and paint the chrome part black, and get some black corners to match it or somethin like that? i dunno i;ll have to ask him about that again.

------------------
'02 TL Type S - Stock

1 - 20 of 21 Posts