SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested, here they are (from http://www.lightningmotorsports/ - super fast and generally awesome). $41, solid as hell. Can't wait to get these on! Prothane claims the set is for 1.6 and 2.0 applications - I'll find out for sure next week (when the clutch etc goes in) and post an update.

Edit: Oh yeah - the whiskey's in there for size reference - its a 26 oz'er.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they need to be pressed in. Apparently the rear tranny one is the worst, although from what I've read, getting the old ones out (torches and whatnot) is harder than getting the new ones in.

Nissan4u2nv - for $40 and an hour of shop time, I don't think you can go wrong with these prothane parts!

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
can you give me your part numbers because i tried calling them and they told me they only sell inserts

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
The mounts look awesome! Did they thrown in the whiskey with the mounts? :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh - nope, the whiskey was supplied by me, Harris! Hoping to work through that bottle shortly over the coming weekends.

Part numbers - I'll read them off the packaging tonite, although the PN for the whole set is listed somewhere already - its 14-1901 or something, IIRC. Search on lightningmotorsports in the meantime and you'll find it.

And yes, I'll post back as soon as they're on, rico. I'm curious to see how much NVH they let in, and how much better they are on launch.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
They are well worth the money. I also bought mine from LMS. It did not, however, take me very ong to put them in, only about 1 hour, the rear is the hardest to get back in, you need 2 people and a jack under the engine. Oh, and I didnt have access to any kinda press at all, I just torched them out and put them in with my car--for free, and it worked fine, couldnt have been easier. If you need any help, just PM me.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
dreadsword said:
Heh - nope, the whiskey was supplied by me, Harris! Hoping to work through that bottle shortly over the coming weekends.

Part numbers - I'll read them off the packaging tonite, although the PN for the whole set is listed somewhere already - its 14-1901 or something, IIRC. Search on lightningmotorsports in the meantime and you'll find it.

And yes, I'll post back as soon as they're on, rico. I'm curious to see how much NVH they let in, and how much better they are on launch.
Yeah thats the right part number.
http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/prothane_nissan.htm

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the confirmation, nissan4u2nv. Tonite when I get home (late) I'll post the individual parts and/or pics of the prothan labels so eveyone will be able to confirm what they've got - assuming that what I've got is the proper setup.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What's the difference between these and the ES mounts? I just ordered the ES ones, thought they were the only one's available.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Do you mind posting which mount goes where? I see the dogbone one, but am unsure of the others. By the way, currently I've got ES inserts for the torque mounts... they look a little different.

Peace,
Mark

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
Prothane kick the ES booty. The ES just fill in around the stock rubber, the Prothane you remove the stock rubber and press in a whole new solid mount. They rock. The finished product looks amazingly like a sr20dev mount.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Good then I made the right choice. I was gonna get the sr20dev ones, but they are $100 and mine was 60 shipped with shifter bushings. I dont know if sr20dev is still on back order, they were a few months ago.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts