SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those running underdrive pulleys I was wondering what the key differences in installing a complete set vs. just the crank pulley are. Will a complete set drain the battery, or affect the water pump/cooling system? Is there enough of an hp increase to justify the extra $$? I have a 91 Sentra SER with i/h and also looking for the right exhaust.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Supposedly, the stock pulley for the water pump drives the pump too fast at high rpm and will actually impair the cooling system. If you plan to run your car at high rpm for extended periods of time it might help to have the water pump pulley. This is all hearsay, I do not necessarily believe it or think it is necessary. You will gain HP from this mod though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
the crank and water pump pulleys are the ones that give you dyno proven hp. the other 2 didn't do any thing on the dyno. I trust ben from JW technologies he's very honest and not out to rape you.could have sold me the other 2 easy but told te truth .any way the pulleys felt great.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much does a set of pulleys go for, and do I have to get a smaller belt to run these(since the pulleys are smaller)?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
$170-$220 depending who you get them from.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the p/s and the alternator pully only got 1 hp on the dyno. worth the extra money? maybe on a real race car.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts