SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ya, mine goes to the right too. the caster is off, your tires will not wear badly or anything, so nothing to worry about

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe so. I know mine is not. when I get my ground control coilovers, I might save up and get the camber plates too, and they are caster adjustable, and lower the car more too.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea mine pulls slightly to the left. The alignment is pretty good. Both I and the tech decided to align it without me and then with my fat ass in the car. It seems to be getting worse tho. May go back and see whats up with it.

G

·
I have a 94 Sentra SE-R which has always wanted to pull to the right in spite of many alignments, tire changes, etc. Has anyone else had this problem. It doesn't seem to be torque steer.

G

·
Mine seems to be worse with certain tires. I now have Michelin Arctic Alpines on for the Wyoming winter and the problem is much more noticeable. With street tires it is still there, but less pronounced. It would be nice if we could hear from someone who has diagnosed and fixed this problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine pulls to the right as well, even after several alignments. I've learned to live with it.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Mine changed with tires. When we went to Ben's house we put a set of 16"s on my car. It went a little straighter but pulled to the right slightly. Then put the stock wheels and stock sized tires back on it pulled back to the left. Probaly something to do with the rim. An out of round rim or tire could cause such things. Will see what happens when I go to rotate my tires here pretty soon

G

·
Just got back from the alignment shop (one more time!). Found that the caster and camber were within factory specs, no bent control arms, etc. With this careful toe alignment it seems somewhat better, but still wants to go right, especially on crowned surfaces. I will also be going to new tires before long, so will see what that does. A more serious problem occurred when the local Nissan dealer, who I think had never seen an SR20DE before, put on the wrong oil filter. It blew off, dumping all the oil, and I didn't notice the warning light until the engine was making some pretty scary noises. Now been 8000 miles and everything checks out O.K. Hope it stays that way.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by horishima:
Maybe the control arm is bent... check that</font>
I had this problem for a while, girlfriend had hit a curb, got an alignment at a cheap shop, they didn't say anything, and it still pulled to the right, after inspection sure enough, I had a bent control arm... it looked only mildly bent, til I pulled it out and compared to a new one... ouch!

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r (fmax stg2 @ 1.1 bar)
00 s2000

1 - 11 of 11 Posts