SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying the turbo and manifold off of a pulsar gti-R from Andreas next week. Also included is all the oil and water lines.So my question is what else will i need besides the jwt ecu, planning on a revhard fmic, bigger injectors, plan on custom 3" exhaust with jun titanium muffler, bov, anything else im missing? ive heard 10 psi can be run with the stock sr20 maf is that about right? Also, what types of gains can i expect both initially and the long run (w/ cams/intake manifold etc.) Well this turned out to be longer than i expected so ill shut up now...thanks guys,
Brendan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cool man, thanks for the tips! are the 50lbs/hr more than 370cc? those are what i was planning on getting..a bigger fuel pump is definetly on the list also..how much is the cobra maf anyway? Also, would you agree that 10 psi should be pretty safe with the stuff mentioned?
thanks again
Brendan

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VSPEC SER:
Cool man, thanks for the tips! are the 50lbs/hr more than 370cc? those are what i was planning on getting..a bigger fuel pump is definetly on the list also..how much is the cobra maf anyway? Also, would you agree that 10 psi should be pretty safe with the stuff mentioned?
thanks again
Brendan
</font>
The 50lbs/hr can support like 350 hp (someone correct me if I am wrong) and the 370's about 240 (again someone correct me if I am wrong)
As far as where the stock maf tops out.. i am not sure, I think it is almost different on every car. I ran my last DET up to 11.76 psi and it never complained.
the fuel pump should be done if you upgrade to 50lbs or larger.. I believe.. and the cobra maf is ~300 I believe, I could be wrong.. (I think I was quoted 285 for the maf and 15 for the harness.)

as far as would 10 psi be safe, I dunno, run it at low boost then in small increments up the boost and watch the engine and see what happens.
later
david lau

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Speaking from experience!!

Do NOT do the ser maf and the smaller injectors if you plan on ever boosting beyond the stock maf's limits.

Take the extra time to save the money to do the msd 50lbs injectors, the cobra maf and the bigger fuel pump now.. you will save yourself money and be so happy when you want to turn the boost up.. and you can, without dumping another load of cash into the car.

but, your choice of course.
Sounds like you are on the right path so far! ecu, turbo, mani, oil/coolant lines, exhaust, injectors, maf, gauges if ya want em, boost controller if ya want it, fuel pump if ya need it, intercooler and piping.

enyjoy

david lau

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I think the 50 lb injectors will support about 400 wheel HP with good tuning. I think Ron Avecedo's car is still running the 50 lb injectors and Jay Hassinger got 409 wheel HP out of it. Also, Ryan Besterwich is running the 50 lb injectors and he got 392 wheel HP. I think the 50 lb injectors are 550ccs.

The stock MAF will support about 250 HP. I paid $250 at JWT for the Cobra MAF.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
JWT charges too much find someone that still has the packaging with the part number and you can buy the cobra maf from the dealer for $150

[This message has been edited by SucKit (edited 10-05-2001).]

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Another turbo in milwaukee SWEEEEEET! That will make five next summer.

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, well my power goals certainly (at least now anyway) 400hp so do you think with the cobra maf,370cc's and a 300zxTT fuel pump i could get around 300 or so at the crank? Im basically looking for a high twelve to low thirteen second reliable car..Also, will i need to purchase an external wastegate like a tial or something?
Thanks again for the help guys!
Brendan...

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
If you want to run 12's with the T28, you would really stress that turbo. You could change the turbine housing for more top end going to either a .6X or a .82 A/R housing. Torque would suffer a little at the expense of top end. Extrude honing the housing and the manifold would benefit you as well. This still may not be enough to get you down into the low 13's. Email me.

Five turbo SE-R's? Myself, Brett, Brendan, you and the mysterious red SE-R that I've never seen. Oh yeah, Ben has the 200SX. Six! We'll see which one will run the longest! There is a NX2000 in Greenbay or Madison (can't remember) with a T28 set up too.
WISCONSIN BABY!

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors
TO4E/T3 Stage II
Needs a built bottom end!

[This message has been edited by Big Boost (edited 10-06-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts