SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering how hard this project would be. The reason I plan on dong it is because my alternator isn't charging my battery and I recently upgraded my I.C.E. in my P10. I was told that the B15 SR20DE alternator would be best, but I can't see why the 2.5LE/SpecV alternator can't work as well. And I've read on B15sentra.net that the stock/OEM B15 alternators put out about 110-120 amps.

Has anyone ever tried this? What major modications can I expect? Any thoughts/input/recommendations/advice? :confused:

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
just find a stock alternator and use that...what the hell am i sayin try it worst that can happen is youll have to us a dremel tool and figure out some kinda braket.

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is direct bolt in, since its the same engine( I assume you are using alty from B15 with roller rocker sr20) I have heard that it is an upgrade for B13's because it actually puts out a larger amperage, but Iknow the G20 is alot tighter in the engine bay so i don't know how it will fit... I dont believe the 2.5 alty will work because it is off a differnet series engine

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but I already got me a used alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.