SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 200 SE-R at an autocross this last weekend. But this one was different. It didn't have painted mirrors or door handles. Were the 200's ever produced this way? I thought all 200 SE-R's had painted trim pieces.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
125 Posts
IIRC, 95's had black mirrors; I've seen a few that way and always presumed they were 95's.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
I saw a 200 SE-R at an autocross this last weekend. But this one was different. It didn't have painted mirrors or door handles. Were the 200's ever produced this way? I thought all 200 SE-R's had painted trim pieces. </font>

·
Registered
846 Posts
Correct... the '95's didn't have painted door handels or mirrors... they didn't add those until the second year of production for the 200's ('96).

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
The best year a 96. what about the Slow 96 Syndrome...haha...95's all the way!!!!

</font>
I'll take my 97 thank you. No know problems or astetic issues.
That I can think of.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i miss my silver 96 se-r. but, i like the handling and acceleration of the NX2000 *MUCH* better.

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
The best year a 96. what about the Slow 96 Syndrome...haha...95's all the way!!!!
</font>
The best model is the 98 SE-R. Ok, we do not have an LSD. But that is easy to fix. 96 tranny with 587 miles (I have the pink slip of the slavage car) and one left half shaft and your in the LSD club.

The 98 is unique. No other model year SE-R like it. Diffrent front and rear look and white face guages from the factory. And it was only produced for one year.

Plus no known problems or serious recalls

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Here are a few of my stories on all of the 200sx years!!!!

95- They are nice, I couldnt really tell that my friends car was one because it is black. AND HE DID PAINT HIS MIRRORS YELLOW!!! so talk about rice. But these are nice.

96- I like this year a lot! I had one. A black 96 without the slow ass syndrome. unless you can call a 15.1 @90mph with a pop charger and a muffler- a cam syndrome then I am not sure what to say.

97- I like this year a lot because a lot of my friends have them including me now. My friend has a black one that is all bolt ons (97 black ser), and there was this rumbling red monster in town, and I have the lowered stock papa smurf blue one!!

98- Naji, I feel bad for you. You got an LSD which is cool. But didnt california emissions go nuts on your cars. Because another one of my friends has a black one and I think that they went crazy on him and the rest of the country.

There is my opinion on all of the years. Dont be offended everyone, just take some of this into consideration.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R (Pacific sun blue)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I like the gauges and the tailights but I don't really like the front end too much. Who really cares though, its all about ripping ass.
Can't wait to see your dyno numbers with the C'3s.
[/B]</font>
I am not too big on the front end too. But it is different. The car was produced for one year only. When these cars are moded they are all equal. Classics and 200SXs are all the same when they are modded. Who keeps these cars stock anyway

If I get 165-170 WHP I will be a very happy camper

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Definately, I believe Jack Laverty dynoed at about 170, and he's got a high compression motor with the JUN 272 cams. Craig was at about 152 with the JUN 265's. I am going to play guinia pig and throw a set of JUN 264's with 10.5mm lift in my low port motor and see how they do. I haven't heard of anyone with these cams in the low port motor. Good luck on dyno day.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Registered
415 Posts

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
of course... 1998 200sx is nothing compared to a 1993 classic
, high-port AND new F/R fascia
</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Definately, I believe Jack Laverty dynoed at about 170, and he's got a high compression motor with the JUN 272 cams. Craig was at about 152 with the JUN 265's. I am going to play guinia pig and throw a set of JUN 264's with 10.5mm lift in my low port motor and see how they do. I haven't heard of anyone with these cams in the low port motor. Good luck on dyno day.
</font>
What are the JUN 272 equivelant to JWT wise? Are JUN 272=JWT C3? I know the JUN 256 are like the S3/S4. Do you have any Idea?

I say go ahead and get those JUN 264 cams. We will never know which cams are better until we try. In the end we are the winners since we will know if JWT or JUN give us more power.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">98- Naji, I feel bad for you. You got an LSD which is cool. But didnt california emissions go nuts on your cars. Because another one of my friends has a black one and I think that they went crazy on him and the rest of the country.</font>
It is only the rear O2 sensor that does not work. That is it. It has no effect on performance at all. JWT is finding a cure for it. It is just a matter of time before they figure out the wiring for the rear sensor. I did a complete sweep on the car with my techtom and ALL the data is within spec. The only problem is the rear O2 sensor.

I do not know about your friend, but he must have done some monkeyness on his car
My car runs like a champ.

As far as stock performance there is no difference at all between a 98 and a 97. According to R&T they both do the 1/4 mile in 16.5 sec.

I have run my car extensively on the road course and it is as fast, if not faster, than other Classics and 200SXs.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Mark you forgot about Franks 98. "Yo I'm goin F-Max stage 9 and puttin juice on it" haha. The 98's are cool because they are a little different. I like the gauges and the tailights but I don't really like the front end too much. Who really cares though, its all about ripping ass.
Can't wait to see your dyno numbers with the C'3s.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

[This message has been edited by 97 Black SER (edited 08-04-2001).]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts