1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hasta la victoria siempre
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
What was listed in that thread is pretty much what you get. You will have to send it back to get the EGR disabled. The EGR disable isn't something they reprogram though. You can actually do this yourself without sending in the ecu.

·
yup
1,208 Posts
yeah you might be thinking of the aiv delete program that changes the idle of 91-93 motors to improve emissions so that the aiv isn't necessary

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Personally I wouldnt buy an ECU until I had something that it really required....but Im cheap and lazy so....

-Josh

·
hasta la victoria siempre
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calum said:
You will have to send it back to get the EGR disabled. The EGR disable isn't something they reprogram though. You can actually do this yourself without sending in the ecu.
Would you mind explaining how is this done?

I remember when I sent back my ECU to have it reprogrammed for the S3/S4 cam program they asked me if I wanted the EGR disabled and I said no.

I have no emissions on my car as of now so I'm wondering if this would cause any problems at all.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The ecu is well worth it, and I have an automatic. Better response and all... But just like all upgrades, you eventually get so use to it that it feel like stock once again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Erikbronx said:
The ecu is well worth it, and I have an automatic. Better response and all... But just like all upgrades, you eventually get so use to it that it feel like stock once again.
Then you need to up your dosage :) To save money if you are staying NA, get the ecu programmed once for all upgrades. It will run fine with the S3/S4 and POP, or CAI and header and exhaust and emissions removal without a programmed ecu. Then do the ecu to polish the tuneing and make everything work well together, and idle fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts