SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think of THIS???

this showed up on b15sentra.net and thjought i'd see what you guys think???

i emailed the company with a slew of questions. when i get a response, i'll post em so you can read if interested.

------------------
MY SITE

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sr20 B12:
Is that price quote for real?!?!

</font>
Real ... Australian dollars.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yup. So for American devide it by .55 or there abouts. I used to have a great site that did the converstions with the current exchange rates but only using it like once I deleted the bookmark. But you can just go to like altavista or such and most of them have converters or just search for one.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, who is gonna buy it for me? actually, screw the smc brakes, I am gonna get quad t/b

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Oh my god! I know this is old school, but "shwing!" Where the hell does the filter go though?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no filter. They work like how the side draft carburators work. Not to safe for dusty areas.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
What I would do is rig up something like BMW does for the M5 or Ford for the Cobra R. Build a box that goes around those volocity stacks and take the pipe over to the stock MAF location and then CAI it down into the fender. Run a Cobra MAF and that would be a honkin system. Wonder if there is any tuneing involved with the size of the box and pipes to the MAF or would the normal 3" stuff work for pipes? Hmmm probaly could run this setup with close to stock programming too.....but this is all from an eastTN redneck...so take it with a grain of salt.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This may sound messed up but... I think you could just rig up some panti hoss and tie the on there. And that way you even get to take them off your girl!

MarC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can sometimes get socks for them that are like miniature sponge filters. However considering the height of the intake runners and closeness to the bonnet it would be difficult to run these.

------------------
92 Pulsar SSS

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i got an email back from the company today (form letter) and here it is...

"Please find below a form letter to respond to the large response we have recieved on our SR20 throttle bodies.

We have had a very good response to our SR20 throttle bodies from the Autospeed website/magazine. Originally this set up was desighned for rear wheel drive race vehicles using a SR20 motor. We are now responding to the enquires of fitment to front wheel drive
and rear wheel drive cars and still use the standard engine management system. We have a Nissan Pulsar ( Model S13 ) booked in our R & D workshop on February the 8th . This will have the first throttle body set up installed and modified so we can utilize the standard engine management system and air flow meter. Obviously this will require a few
more parts to make a successful complete all parts included kit that the home enthusiast / mechanic could fit within one day. We also want to ensure that what we offer will be completely free of any fitting
problems and will offer a good improvement in performance that is documented with before and after dynamometer runs. And later we will offer a Hawk programable engine management system complete with custom wiring loom and pre programed ECU ( to suite
otherwise standard engine ) for people who want further gians and other modifictions to their engines.
We will keep you informed of our results.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2000SE:
what do you think of THIS???
</font>
I'd rub one off on it!
This summer I'm going to make a short runner for my DET. Im going to try my best to make it look like that.

MiKe

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Can you use that picture to determine the diameter of the ports? And the taper rate, etc? Would the diameter just be the diameter of the intake ports (or the intake manifold gasket if you do some port work)? What are your plans????????????????

Did you get any response from the main list about building a short intake manifold?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I did get a responce from Rob Willams about the intake. These pics are of his that he made. The runners are appx 8"long and the same dia of the stock intake.

And

I'm going to copy the design of Robs using my 98 intake mani for parts. I don't know if I can use the low port flange yet or not so I might end up making a custom piece. I'll share as much info as I can when it actually gets under way. You can see his mani has vilocity stack like runners. I plan on doing the same.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Gosselin (edited 01-31-2001).]

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
hey, ya'll... I'm just now catching up. This picture

is just like the 300HP NA version found on SE-R.net

Any ideas of what kind of power it produces? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what do the velocity stacks do? Do they just sit open like that?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think they're gonna make a "plenum" that will fit over the velocity stacks... Mike Jez posted some information to the main list about a week ago about the development of this project. I think your main benefit for this is looks and throttle response. I don't see it making *that* much power.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sr20 B12:
Is that price quote for real?!?!

</font>
I take it you saw the $1300 price tag, eh. Well don't get your panties in a bundle there buddy. Thats australian, which means our price is about half that.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts