SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seams as though my factory limited slip on my NX has been diing over it's 100,000 mile life. After a full trany rebuild, I noticed the launch was different. The factory limited slip is failing. Any one else noticed this also? I was thinking that the Quife Diff would be a better replacement over the factory viscous unit. Any input? Where can I get a good price on a Quaife? Is it true that the Quaife produces a bit more heat? Any help would be great and is needed. Thanks blokes.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cossie:
It seams as though my factory limited slip on my NX has been diing over it's 100,000 mile life. After a full trany rebuild, I noticed the launch was different. The factory limited slip is failing. Any one else noticed this also? I was thinking that the Quife Diff would be a better replacement over the factory viscous unit. Any input? Where can I get a good price on a Quaife? Is it true that the Quaife produces a bit more heat? Any help would be great and is needed. Thanks blokes.</font>
Yes the Quaife would be better than the factory LSD. I don't know who has good prices on them -- $995 is the only price I've seen (Quaife web site, http://www.quaifeamerica.com/).

I've also heard of a factory LSD wearing out. I know of one SE-R that went into a waterbox at a drag strip, lit up the tires, and one stopped turning. So the car was doing a one-wheel burnout like a Honda!

Not sure about Quaifes causing excessive heat.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
424 Posts
I talked to a vendor at one of the drag events and he said that most of the prices are down around 850 b/c of a new design that they are developing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks blokes. Some one is always helpful on this site. I'm wondering about this new design. I guess if a new design comes out then the present one will become cheaper. Then, maybe, it will be a good purchase or the new one? Might any of you have this the Quaife LSD?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts