SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a deal for Quaife ATB Differentials (Limited Slip Differential - LSD) SR20DE Transmissions equipped with the factory Vicious Limited Slip Differential (VLSD) for $1300.00 plus shipping. As many people know, these LSD's are no longer in production, but I was able to secure a limited number for a one time only production run. The regular price is about $1500 plus shipping, but I need 10 people to jump on this before I can finalize anything. If there are more than 10, then I can get a better price for everyone, and these do come with lifetime warranties as well. All in all, not a bad deal when you consider these are very rare, and there is a $200 discount! If anyone is interested, has any questions, or if you need shipping prices, please PM or email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LikeTheMovies said:
it sounds like a good deal but can;t you get the nismo one for like about the same price or cheaper?
The Nismo Clutch-Type 1.5 Way are about the same price at over $900, but it is stated that there is no warranty. The Quaife LSD's come with lifetime warranties, which means you can always return it, and they will fix it or send you a new one free of charge. Another thing, used Quaife LSD's are hard to find, since new ones have not been made in years. If we can get over 20 people, I think the price will drop below $1,000. I only need a small deposit up front, and then the rest of the balance can be paid off when the LSD's are ready to ship, which will be a few weeks apart from each other.

Thanks!

·
PTE billet wheel pimpin
1,438 Posts
if you could get them near a 1000.00 i would be game

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
Besides the warranty is there any other difference between the Nismo & the Quaife. I heard noithing but good things about the quaife.

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
Hmmmm..

just one QUESTION though...

Most of the Euro-speced SR20DE trannies (actually 99.9% of them) were OPEN DIFF.

Are we 100% sure which tranny this Quaiffe LSD fits? VLSD, both?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
If it was made for a VLSD replacement then it won't work in an open diff trans. Just like the nismo units, you have to get the unit for the style trans you have, open or vlsd. Reason being is the case/housings.

Brent

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOUROK said:
Besides the warranty is there any other difference between the Nismo & the Quaife. I heard noithing but good things about the quaife.
The Quaife is developed to reach a close 50/50 split ratio in torque to both wheels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hpro123 said:
Hmmmm..

just one QUESTION though...

Most of the Euro-speced SR20DE trannies (actually 99.9% of them) were OPEN DIFF.

Are we 100% sure which tranny this Quaiffe LSD fits? VLSD, both?
This group buy is for Quaife LSD's to replace the stock VLSD's.

Brent explains this further:

coach said:
If it was made for a VLSD replacement then it won't work in an open diff trans. Just like the nismo units, you have to get the unit for the style trans you have, open or vlsd. Reason being is the case/housings.

Brent
Thanks!

·
Bad luck se-r
31 Posts
If you are able to get the number of people you need, count me in. I will keep checking the thread for updates.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts