SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just LTrain Again..
1,147 Posts
If it the polyeurethane is decent quality, I'd jump on those. Almost half the price of the kartboy ones. Good hangers can help with exhaust rattle. Still the question is the quality.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SSNH said:
thats what i was thinkin.

ive done a seach on google for kartboy KB-011 http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/catalog.cgi?query_net_id=kartboy&query_class=KB-011
But i have also read that the 15mm is real loose and you need the 10-12mm ones, and thats what I cant find. Anyone who has gotten them is that true? Getting them straight from kartboy is nice because they give you a break if you order more than 4 so they only cost 7.5 a piece, but their15 mm.

Paul

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will said:
man, exhaust hangers are exhaust hangers. What is wrong with stock ones?

my stock one are letting the exhaust bang around and hit the undercarage. i dont care, i just figured the polyurithane ones would stiffen it up and not let it move around.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
same happend to me. what i did was buy the stock rubber ones at advance and they were alot siffer and shorter than the ones on my car <got really soft and streched) my exhaust dosent rattle any more. i replaced the 3 on the muffler and the one after the cat.

even if the holes are not 10mm or the quality isnt great <maybe its not as hard as you would like...but its still stiffer than rubber) you could always drill out the holes to make them larger. but thats a good price! i payed $4 each for the rubber ones.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
sergofast said:
my stock one are letting the exhaust bang around and hit the undercarage. i dont care, i just figured the polyurithane ones would stiffen it up and not let it move around.
I normally just bend the exhaust hangers to move the exhaust away from whatever it is hitting, and/or put tension on the hangers.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
I purchased Kartboy polyurethane exhaust hangers because new OEM units weren't up to the task. The stock exhaust and hangers are perfect for their application, but everything changes with an aftermarket (read larger) exhaust. I've got Courtesy Nissan's (TopSpeed) polished S.S. catback. In addition to being larger it's much heavier than stock. The benifits of polyurethane are perfect in this application. In addition to being much more resistant to the pulling forces of the exhaust's weight, they are also more resistant to compression. That additional resistance to compression and expansion keeps your exhaust from banging anything in any direction.

Here's a link to reviews in the Mod Database: http://www.sr20forum.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/36/sort/2/cat/11/page/1

...plus they look good too :D

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
haha, It seems funny to me that they would bother with urethane ones. I guess they help prevent wheel hop :rolleyes:

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
Will said:
man, exhaust hangers are exhaust hangers. What is wrong with stock ones?
I've had all them snap, breaking the B-pipe off the muffler, leaving it to flail around at 110+ mph during a track event - in high speed chicanes, I could feel some serious weight transfer in the ass end several sessions before they crapped out, like the tail was wagging the dog

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aztecred92 said:
I purchased Kartboy polyurethane exhaust hangers because new OEM units weren't up to the task. The stock exhaust and hangers are perfect for their application, but everything changes with an aftermarket (read larger) exhaust. I've got Courtesy Nissan's (TopSpeed) polished S.S. catback. In addition to being larger it's much heavier than stock. The benifits of polyurethane are perfect in this application. In addition to being much more resistant to the pulling forces of the exhaust's weight, they are also more resistant to compression. That additional resistance to compression and expansion keeps your exhaust from banging anything in any direction.
Here's a link to reviews in the Mod Database: http://www.sr20forum.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/36/sort/2/cat/11/page/1
...plus they look good too :D
Yeah i found that, but what i want to know is what size is the hole that the hanger goes through? whats the model number of the ones you used?

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
sergofast said:
Yeah i found that, but what i want to know is what size is the hole that the hanger goes through? whats the model number of the ones you used?
When I purchased my set, they were sold as WRX mounts from a Subaru specialty shop. Size was not mentioned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts