SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You said you have the ES inserts. Which one's did you do? I have all of them and was wondering if you need to use big washers to keep them in. Where is the best place to find out the best way to install them? thanx.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I bought the 4 piece set from courtesy and installed the front and rear torque mount inserts connected to the crossmember, and the driverside tranny mount. the big passenger side is a bitch cause you need to get it pressed in with a hydraulic bearing press. usually a mechanic would do this for you. I put them in according to the instructions. white lithium grease push them in and bolt it back where it belongs. no washers needed. wasn't hard to do. I did it with a friend and it took about half hour. you fell the engine in the car vibrating a little more but not to bad. shifts great cause my engine used to rock a bit but sits still now.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i had fun pressing the pas. side one in. I was lucky I had access to a shop. So for the front and rear, do you just drop the whole crossmember? Probably just use a couple jacks to hold up the engine huh. The tranny one seems like it's going to be fun. I already did the passenger and front, pretty easy. saving the best for last. thanx

·
Registered
858 Posts
I dropped the crosmeber and put in the last one in the rear. also used a jack to support engine. gonna need a thick bar to move the crossmamber arond to line up the holes for bolting it in again. good luck but not too hard with help from a buddy to hold stuff for ya.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks man. I was driving around with just the front and passenger side in today. Definetally a difference in vibes and performance. Can't wait to get the others in. thnaks again.

·
Registered
858 Posts
no problem any time!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts