SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you test to see if yours is good? I had my car running great then it just died out of no where didn't sputter just died...

I remember with my ignition in the on postition I could hear my fuel pump and sparks if I moved the distributor by hand if it was all the way loose it does not do this anymore. I get spark and I have fuel in my fuel lines......

I need help badly this is a high port engine

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
SR20loper said:
How do you test to see if yours is good? I had my car running great then it just died out of no where didn't sputter just died...

I remember with my ignition in the on postition I could hear my fuel pump and sparks if I moved the distributor by hand if it was all the way loose it does not do this anymore. I get spark and I have fuel in my fuel lines......

I need help badly this is a high port engine
So you do or do not have spark? Did you try to remove a plug, push it up into the boot and let the tip of the plug rest against a grounding point on the engine to check for spark at the plugs?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have plenty of spark....what I'm asking is can your power resistor or something in the distributor go out and still have spark?

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
SR20loper said:
Yes I have plenty of spark....what I'm asking is can your power resistor or something in the distributor go out and still have spark?
Nope If you have sparkAT THE SPARK PLUG then the ignition system is doing it's job. Next I would pull off the fuel line coming off of the fuel filter to see if you have fuel.

This is what you need to make a engine run.

Fuel,Fire,Air,Compression,Proper Timing

One of these is missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts