SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of clutches come stock out of a, say GTi-R or any vehicle that comes stock with a DET?

I assume they come stock with a Nissan clutch kit but i have searched and haven't really found an answer.

But would that clutch kit be Key Value? Exedy? Daikin? I would assume the Japanese tuner would swap out the clutch for a stornger one after buying it since DET's are good for like 400 hp....

just curious TIA

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
i have noooooooo clue what you just asked. a nissan clutch would come stock in a nissan car with or without a DET.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They all come with TF-490's

Who makes TF-490's?

I figured they would have to come stock with something that can handle at least205 HP

I guess the Key Value kit can hold that much HP? If i was a betting man i don't think i would take that bet ....LOL

·
4,507 Posts
why would the key value setup have to hold 205 HP.........it has nothing to do with oem nissans. still extremly confused.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would the key value setup have to hold 205 HP.........it has nothing to do with oem nissans. still extremly confused.

Well because stock GTi-R's come with 205 HP stock IIRC...

And i don't believe the stock kit that comes from the factory as of currently is the KV kit can hold 205 HP ....

the question is this..." theoretically if someone living in Japan bought a GTi-R, and drove it home , and decided to replace the clutch with a different clutch , removed the tranny and removed the clutch that was there when he/she bought it, what would that clutch be that was removed ?"

As in stock from the factory.

·
Registered
95 Posts

And i don't believe the stock kit that comes from the factory as of currently is the KV kit can hold 205 HP ....

the question is this..." theoretically if someone living in Japan bought a GTi-R, and drove it home , and decided to replace the clutch with a different clutch , removed the tranny and removed the clutch that was there when he/she bought it, what would that clutch be that was removed ?"

They would typically upgrade to a GX-470, that's if your ballin':) otherwise straight up TF-490s

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn how do you have that info?

again , who makes those clutches?

·
4,507 Posts

i understand this much. however a key value clutch is in no way shape or form OEM. on that note even a stock clutch from a b13 se-r would not be a stock replacement for a GTiR. key value clutch setups are just a great cheap kit that greg V sells.........these are not what dealers carry in their system.

They would typically upgrade to a GX-470, that's if your ballin':) otherwise straight up TF-490s
you spouting off part numbers trying to make your self sound cool isnt helping anyone.
again , who makes those clutches?
if your dead set on buying an over priced clutch that will underperform just call up greg vogle at 760.535.2259 and i can garuntee he can find you one straight from japan...........but i still dont under stand why you dont just get an upgraded clutch.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..but i still dont under stand why you dont just get an upgraded clutch.

Oh i would definitely get an upgraded clutch with at the very least JWT PP and stock disc ( previously 01 SE disc ) ....and depending on my future power plans, at least Exedy stage 1 with organic disc .... i was just curious to know what kinda clutches are in SR20DET's in stock form since i coudldn't find that info on the internet or on the forum .

I didn't want to assume that the clutch kits available here are the same as the clutch kits available in Japan since the SR20 engines here are not the same as the ones available in Japan ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts